ANNOUNCE: iPeng for iPad - Your Squeezebox Remote Gets Big
pippin
2010-10-15 18:33:55 UTC
IPENG NOW ALSO ON IPAD

You have an iPad and you are a Squeezebox user? Or you do already use
iPeng and you feel you sometimes need a big screen to search for stuff.
The Squeezebox web interface is too slow for you? Then we’ve got
something for you: iPeng for iPad is here.

iPeng for iPad is not just a scaled-up version of the iPeng App for
iPhone and iPod, it’s a completely rewritten App with a new and
exciting user interface.

WHAT’S SPECIAL ABOUT IPENG FOR IPAD?

FULL USE OF THE BIG IPAD SCREEN

* iPeng for iPad doesn’t just scale up the menu, it uses the space
of the screen to show you more of your content while giving you quick
access to all player controls.
* You have permanent, direct access to the main menu, so you can
easily switch between your own library and online sources
* All Player and Playlist controls are just a tap away
* Use of big artwork for best visual appearance. Finally you know
why you added all that cover art to your music collection
* See much more content at the same time than on a small screen;
read even long titles as they are common in classical music.

SUPPORT OF PORTRAIT AND LANDSCAPE ORIENTATIONS

* Use portrait mode for long lists to see a lot of information
simultaneously and to re-arrange your long playlists
* Use landscape mode to see your covers side-by-side.

USE BIG ARTWORK FOR A PERFECT VISUAL EXPERIENCE

* You like the look of your music’s cover art? iPeng gives you big
high-resolution thumbnails and let’s you scale them to fit with a pinch
of your fingertips.
* For albums you can get a big cover and all the album’s tracks in
a clear side-by-side view. Even for whole collections of albums at the
same time, e.g. all albums by an artist.

SCREEN SAVERS TO VIEW YOUR MUSIC FROM A DISTANCE

* If you want to keep your iPad running in a dock as a status
screen, iPeng gives you a big cover view and a big playlist view to be
watched from a distance.
* iPeng gives you access to all player functionality and the
current playlist even from the screen saver.

SHORTCUT TO SEARCH FUNCTIONS

* iPeng will always show you a search bar on the main screen giving
you a quick way to search your library
* The search feature can switch between a local search (for your
library only) and a global search
* Local search shows all results immediately in a single list
* Global search lets you search your library as well as online
media from a single entry point. It can also be faster if you search on
a slow server.

GET THE FULL FUNCTIONALITY

Of course, iPeng for iPad will give you all the functionality iPeng for
iPhone provides to give you full control over your Squeezebox.

iPeng for iPad is now available on the App Store.
Learn more on
http://penguinlovesmusic.de

[image:
[image:
[image:
[image:
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Chunkywizard
2010-10-15 18:40:10 UTC
Looks fantastic, but I can't see it on the apps store yet!!

CW
--
Chunkywizard

*Squeezebox:* Boom x2 (Lounge and Office), Radio (with battery)
*Server:* 7.5.1 for Windows Home Server (HP EX-490 MediaSmart Server)
*Plugins:* Dynamic Playlists 2.8.1 | SQL Playlist 2.5 | Music
Information Screen 4.4.6 | Custom Scan 2.7.4 | TrackStat 2.10 | Album
Review 2.9.0 | Biography 2.9.0
*Remote:* iPod Touch Gen. 1 running 'iPeng'
(http://penguinlovesmusic.de/2008/11/25/ipeng-application-now-on-app-store/)
*Music: *'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/chunkywizard)
Chunkywizard's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=25868
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
jonbauer
2010-10-15 18:43:13 UTC
WOW!!! Looks great pippin!!!

Can't wait to get home and buy it!

- Jon
--
jonbauer
jonbauer's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=13615
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
danull
2010-10-15 18:43:38 UTC
A friend told me that search for Ipeng via the Apps store on the Iphone
itself finds only the iphone version and that you have to search the
whole string Ipeng for Ipad to find it.

-Dan
--
danull
danull's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=5998
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Chunkywizard
2010-10-15 18:45:25 UTC
Post by danull
A friend told me that search for Ipeng via the Apps store on the Iphone
itself finds only the iphone version and that you have to search the
whole string Ipeng for Ipad to find it.
-Dan
That worked, Pippin, you have my money!

CW

JayLaFunk
2010-10-15 18:51:29 UTC
Just bought it now, looking good...

Jay
--
JayLaFunk
JayLaFunk's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=30179
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 19:02:56 UTC
Oh, there's one thing I forgot in the announcement:
Coolio's back with some special appearance ;)
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 19:08:10 UTC
Looking forward to giving it a workout tonight.
--
Jeff Flowerday
Jeff Flowerday's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=15883
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 19:25:16 UTC
First bug for you.

If you go into current playlist, click edit, select all tracks and
delete them. You then close the current playlist popout and add a new
track to the current playlist. When you go back into the playlist it
doesn't show that track you just added.

If you click the save button but then cancel out it seems to cause a
refresh on the playlist and the tracks then properly show up.
bluegaspode
2010-10-15 19:27:58 UTC
Crashed on first start, but started on second try.

I'm confused most by the fact you put the playlist to the left and
player selection to the right (far away from the player symbol).

After playing around a bit I decided to search for the quote where you
bashed Sonos for just using their iPhone screens and somewhere
arranging them in their iPad App :D

Anyway: good work and lets have enough arguments, that people buy both
Apps !
As I like it simple I'll stay with SqueezePad, iPeng was and is just
too overwhelming ;)

Found this easter-egg - is it by intention ?

|Filename: IMG_0042.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10762|
bluegaspode

Big Screen for great Boxes available now at your AppStore: *'Squeezebox
+ iPad = SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com) *!
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)

Setup: 1x SB-Controller+Receiver (Duet), 1xSB-Boom. 2xSB-Radio
Server (7.5.1) running on SheevaPlug (Ubuntu) with attached Western
Digital MyBook Essential.
bluegaspode's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31651
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
bluegaspode
2010-10-15 19:35:28 UTC
And another minor bug with context menu when you change orientation
while they are open

|Filename: IMG_0044.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10763|

Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 19:52:14 UTC
My first request:

Not stretch the art on the now playing screen if the art isn't high
enough resolution. All my art is 500x500 but starts looking a little
fuzzy if stretched.

Thanks,
Jeff
pippin
2010-10-15 20:25:11 UTC
Post by Jeff Flowerday
If you go into current playlist, click edit, select all tracks and
delete them. You then close the current playlist popout and add a new
track to the current playlist. When you go back into the playlist it
doesn't show that track you just added.
If you click the save button but then cancel out it seems to cause a
refresh on the playlist and the tracks then properly show up.
yes, I know about that one. This as well as the popup positioning will
be fixed by an update I'll submit tonight.
Post by Jeff Flowerday
I'm confused most by the fact you put the playlist to the left and
player selection to the right (far away from the player symbol).
Well, I have to put it somewhere.
I agree it's not perfect and sometimes it still confuses me, too,
however I don't have a better solution yet.
My first tries had the player symbol on the right where the other
player controls are and the "Play/Skip" buttons on the left where the
other playlist controls are but that looked even more ugly (I still
don't like that top bar).
I'm open for suggestions. There's one thing I will change and that is
that there will be an option to move the playlist into the main menu
window in a later release.
The big issue is that I want the playlist on the left so that you can
see it and the content of a menu at the same time.
Post by Jeff Flowerday
After playing around a bit I decided to search for the quote where you
bashed Sonos for just using their iPhone screens and somewhere
arranging them in their iPad App :D
I bashed them for ONLY doing that. In the Sonos app you have a
permanent side-by-side view of their three main screens: Zones,
NowPlaying and Main Menu. With 40x40 artwork. Cool.
Post by Jeff Flowerday
Anyway: good work and lets have enough arguments, that people buy both
Apps !
definitely
Post by Jeff Flowerday
As I like it simple I'll stay with SqueezePad, iPeng was and is just
too overwhelming for my simple mind ;)
It's always been my credo and always will be: I rank "efficient to use"
above "easy to understand". I'm the impatient kind of guy and well ready
to learn a UI to save some clicks when I use it later. I just use this
too often for too long to waste time with deep menus.
So there is plenty of room for "easy to understand, slower to use" UIs
with deep menu structures, lots of "do you want to play, add or do
whatever" menus (another Sonos annoyance) kind of apps out there for
people who feel differently about this.
Post by Jeff Flowerday
Found this easter-egg - is it by intention ?
of course. I even announced it above here in the thread. But that
window looks truncated, have to have a look at that... Ah, wait, did I
maybe step into the same trap that SqueezePad always gets hit with me:
Is you iPad locked to landscape orientation?
Post by Jeff Flowerday
And another minor bug with context menu when you change orientation
while they are open
Thanks!
Post by Jeff Flowerday
Not stretch the art on the now playing screen if the art isn't high
enough resolution. All my art is 500x500 but starts looking a little
fuzzy if stretched.
Please file a ticket. But there's no chance I'm going to do that in
this extreme form, I have too many _really_ small artwork samples in my
library and a 64x64 image just looks even worse in 64x64 than in 768x768
on that screen.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 20:34:29 UTC
Please file a ticket. But there's no chance I'm going to do that in this
extreme form, I have too many _really_ small artwork samples in my
library and a 64x64 image just looks even worse in 64x64 than in
768x768 on that screen.
Ok, I'll create a ticket. But to prevent upsetting the masses how
about giving us the option. Stretch Now Playing Art. Yes/No
bluegaspode
2010-10-15 21:22:55 UTC
Post by pippin
Well, I have to put it somewhere.
I agree it's not perfect and sometimes it still confuses me, too,
however I don't have a better solution yet.
I just thought of swapped sides. But now you say that you want to see
the playlist along with menu entries and I didn't think about that
one.
Post by pippin
of course. I even announced it above here in the thread. But that
window looks truncated, have to have a look at that... Ah, wait, did I
Is you iPad locked to landscape orientation?
No lock involved.
Maybe I took it from the wrong place ? This image flashed up right
after the start (not to easy to take the screenshot of it).

pippin
2010-10-15 21:27:41 UTC
Post by bluegaspode
Maybe I took it from the wrong place ? This image flashed up right
after the start (not to easy to take the screenshot of it).
Oh, maybe I just size it wrongly, will have to see.
This is funny, I thought it would be hard to even notice it now you are
already the second person sending a screen shot, I had thought it would
be impossible to even do one :)
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
MadScientist
2010-10-15 21:37:12 UTC
Excellent app - good work!

I concur with epoch1970 that volume control via IR Blaster needs a
slight rework of the control areas (especially in the now playing
screen)

There are always going to be a few bugs in a complex app

MS
--
MadScientist
MadScientist's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=5827
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 20:26:30 UTC
Post by bluegaspode
After playing around a bit I decided to search for the quote where you
bashed Sonos for just using their iPhone screens and somewhere
arranging them in their iPad App :D
Oh, and btw: the Playlist is not the iPhone screen.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
simonjedrake
2010-10-15 20:29:57 UTC
love it - this is in a totally different league from the standard iPeng
app - and that I thought was brilliant. It worked straight out the box.
There is just so much additional functionality that takes a few moments
to readjust to - but it is so inuative. You keep finding extra ways of
doing things.
Pippin - you have taken it to a new level. This has to be the top app
for any Squeezebox owning ipad owner. You can sleep well tonight - no
more logging on to this forum at 4am please..............
--
simonjedrake

QNAP TS-239 (v 3.3.3 build 0928T). Seagate Barracuda ES 1000GB x 2.
SSOTS 4.9.1 SC 7.5.2-31410
2 x SB3, 1 x SB2, 1 x SB Controller, SB Radio & iPad/iPhone/iTouch with
iPeng
QNAP TS-109 Pro (v 3.3.0 build 0924T) & a QNAP TS-101 (v 2.5.0 build
1210T) for secondary backup.
Panasonic BL-C30 & Bl-C160 Cameras. Apple Airport Express.
iTunes Playlist Library. Netgear DG834N Router
simonjedrake's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=4910
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
epoch1970
2010-10-15 21:01:26 UTC
Mighty good thing the penguin was released (by his captors.)

Just 2 quick notes :
- I kinda hate the sky blue color :D
- when using IR blaster to control the volume, when I hit "+" or "-"
in the volume control, 99% of the times I summon the "multi-player
control".
I see that a long touch on + or - works, and avoids the window from
popping up.
But I'd prefer the sensitive area redefined.

|Filename: Penguin.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10764|
epoch1970

Daily dose delivered by: 2 SB Classic (fw 130), 1 SB Boom (fw 50) •
SqueezeCenter 7.3.4 (Debian 5.0) with plugins: ContextMenu,
SaverSwitcher by Peter Watkins • Server Power Control by Gordon Harris
• WeatherTime by Martin Rehfeld • IRBlaster by Gwendesign (Felix) •
FindArt, CDplayer by bpa • BBC iPlayer, SwitchPlayer by Triode •
PowerSave by Jason Holtzapple • TrackStat by Erland Isaksson.
epoch1970's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=16711
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 21:20:26 UTC
Post by epoch1970
- when using IR blaster to control the volume, when I hit "+" or "-"
in the volume control, 99% of the times I summon the "multi-player
control".
I see that a long touch on + or - works, and avoids the window from
popping up.
But I'd prefer the sensitive area redefined.
Could you file a ticket on this, I agree.
Post by epoch1970
EDIT: another one related to IR blaster volume control: in screen saver
mode the slider does not work. It only allows to increase volume...
I do know about that one, but please include it in the ticket.
Problem is that I did not want to clutter this one up even more, may
need a different solution, e.g. the separate buttons like in the
"normal" iPeng.
https://trac.penguinlovesmusic.de/trac/ipengnat/
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 21:25:17 UTC
Post by Jeff Flowerday
When selecting Albums. The list and icon view buttons seem to
dissapear or shrink or something. Not sure how to describe it.
Could you do a screen shot? Hold one button and press the other one.
Post by Jeff Flowerday
Album list the quick jump bar on the right doesn't seem to work. I hit
# it takes me to numbers, I hit J it says it's at Z but actually showing
albums with the name A. After that hitting any letter takes it no
where.
Which server version are you using and on which OS? This sounds to me
like an issue with accented character sorting seen on some versions of
SBS.
Post by Jeff Flowerday
I can confirm that it already is. :)
Good since I'm just about to install the beta but not on my iPad (you
can't develop for the App Store with the beta and I don't have two
iPads).
It's based on the iOS4 version of iPeng so I was already hoping it
would work.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 22:24:08 UTC
Post by pippin
Could you do a screen shot? Hold one button and press the other one.
Which server version are you using and on which OS? This sounds to me
like an issue with accented character sorting seen on some versions of
SBS.
Good since I'm just about to install the beta but not on my iPad (you
can't develop for the App Store with the beta and I don't have two
iPads).
It's based on the iOS4 version of iPeng so I was already hoping it
would work.
I've attached an screen capture for you

I'm running a 7.6 build from a couple weeks ago. Windows Server 2008
R2.

4.2 Beta 3 on the iPad.

|Filename: Photo Oct 15, 4 22 30 PM.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10765|
flattermann
2010-10-15 22:29:20 UTC
I also have a little RFE: :-)
Maybe it would be possible to use the hardware volume buttons to
increase/decrease the Squeezebox/SyncGroup volume...
--
flattermann

Christian

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android
flattermann's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33169
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 18:42:11 UTC
Post by Chunkywizard
Looks fantastic, but I can't see it on the apps store yet!!
Can take a while on some stores. You could try the link on
penguinlovesmusic.de
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
flattermann
2010-10-15 18:46:21 UTC
Pippin,

Thanks, great look and feel! :-)

The bigger screen is really a huge improvement for browsing the library
conveniently.

Mark Miksis
2010-10-15 20:23:40 UTC
Post by Chunkywizard
Pippin,
Thanks, great look and feel! :-)
The bigger screen is really a huge improvement for browsing the library
conveniently.
Can't wait to see a tablet version of Squeezecommander ;)
--
Mark Miksis
Mark Miksis's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=529
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
flattermann
2010-10-15 22:32:27 UTC
Post by Mark Miksis
Can't wait to see a tablet version of Squeezecommander ;)
Stay tuned, I'm working on it. :-)

I just hope that some nice Android tablets will be released soon,
because if we are honest, nothing from the Android space compares to an
iPad, yet.

Mark Miksis
2010-10-15 23:28:07 UTC
Post by flattermann
I just hope that some nice Android tablets will be released soon,
because if we are honest, nothing from the Android space compares to an
iPad, yet.
Agreed. Last I heard is that Motorola is waiting for 3.0, so maybe Q1
sometime. Like many, I'm confused about Google's overall Android
tablet strategy given that their own tablet will be Chrome OS.
erland
2010-10-15 19:21:32 UTC
Post by pippin
You have an iPad and you are a Squeezebox user? Or you do already use
iPeng and you feel you sometimes need a big screen to search for stuff.
The Squeezebox web interface is too slow for you? Then we’ve got
something for you: iPeng for iPad is here.
iPeng for iPad is not just a scaled-up version of the iPeng App for
iPhone and iPod, it’s a completely rewritten App with a new and
exciting user interface.
And you have done it again.

About 2 years ago you revolutionized the Squeezebox experience with
iPeng on iPhone/iPod Touch and when it's now also available on the iPad
it takes these products to the next level.

As the number one Squeezebox control application, iPeng is now back
among the 6 iPad dock icons on the bottom of my iPad.

I can't wait to see how this will evolve in the future.

Really great work!
--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland). If my answer
helped you and you like to encourage future presence on this forum
and/or third party plugin/applet development, 'donations are always
appreciated' (http://erland.isaksson.info/donate))
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Peter
2010-10-15 19:25:49 UTC
Got it! Looking very good, pippin!

I love the album cover browsing.

Peter
pippin
2010-10-15 22:30:07 UTC
Yep. Its an SBS issue. It sorts characters that need to be at the end of
the list towards the beginning.
You'll find that the index in the web interface has similar issues.
I believe it could be fixed in the meantime, please try updating to a
more recent build.

The main issue here is that the index is also wrong.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 22:39:38 UTC
Post by pippin
Yep. Its an SBS issue. It sorts characters that need to be at the end of
the list towards the beginning.
You'll find that the index in the web interface has similar issues.
I believe it could be fixed in the meantime, please try updating to a
more recent build.
The main issue here is that the index is also wrong.
I'll update the build and see if it fixes the sorting. But you do see
the other issue with the messed list and album art view buttons?
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 23:25:30 UTC
Post by pippin
Yep. Its an SBS issue. It sorts characters that need to be at the end of
the list towards the beginning.
You'll find that the index in the web interface has similar issues.
I believe it could be fixed in the meantime, please try updating to a
more recent build.
The main issue here is that the index is also wrong.
Installing the latest nightly 7.6 didn't help.

I see what you mean on the website, It moves the special character
album names right after "A ". But I still can seek on the website. I
hit L it knows how to get there.
pippin
2010-10-15 23:27:53 UTC
But I still can seek on the website. I hit L it knows how to get there.
Not within a page. Just works between pages. The problem is: iPeng has
no pages.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-16 17:14:15 UTC
Post by pippin
Yep. Its an SBS issue. It sorts characters that need to be at the end of
the list towards the beginning.
You'll find that the index in the web interface has similar issues.
I believe it could be fixed in the meantime, please try updating to a
more recent build.
The main issue here is that the index is also wrong.
Is there another thread or a bug report for this? I wouldn't mind
bumping it or voting for it, seems like lately the squeeze developers
are off in a black hole someplace cutting code for something and none
of the existing reported 7.6 bugs are getting addressed.
epoch1970
2010-10-16 18:02:09 UTC
About the Now Playing screensaver, I have noticed 2 things:
- when scrolling the playlist, a swipe does not work. You have to wait
for the list to stop moving, the scrollbar to fade away, and the swipe
works. This has a tendency to render the screen unresponsive, when
instead of a straight swipe you trace a slight curve. The slight
vertical deviation puts the list in scrolling motion and therefore
blocks left/right movement.
Is there a way to have swiping always respond, even when the playlist
is in motion ?

- when I grab the iPad, and it is in screensaver/playlist mode, often
I will inadvertently interrupt the music and jump to another track. For
example, my thumb hits a track when I grab the iPad, or if I want to
scroll the list I hit a track.
Is it possible to change track activation from single tap to double tap
?

Good news: this is my last message for the day.

pippin
2010-10-16 18:32:55 UTC
Post by bluegaspode
Just looked up my stats for UK - on 'good' (?) days as much as two or
three sales at our price tag are enough to get into the top ten of UK
top grossing.
So that is the lower limit. :D
For first place there is no upper limit though ;)
OKOKOK. How's #1 for Top Charts Music for Germany then (#of sales, not
grossing)?
Post by bluegaspode
Oh ok. I think the problem was that sometimes I got "The current
playlist" popping up instead. I think there is a general problem with
the proximity or overlap of different buttons.
Overlap. Maybe I have to change that.
Post by bluegaspode
One more thing: Is there a one press "Play entire album button"?
As always in iPeng: Tap the first track.
Post by bluegaspode
What's the logic behind the sort order of the players in the player
management screen?
It's "as reported by the server". I tried to do all kind of sorting but
it's problematic. Players disappear and reappear, sync assignments
change etc. I eventually gave up on it.
Post by bluegaspode
Is there a way to have swiping always respond, even when the playlist
is in motion ?
I don't think so but will give some parameter changes a try.
Post by bluegaspode
Is it possible to change track activation from single tap to double tap
?
Please file a ticket. Need more opinions about that but I did have the
issue, too.

|Filename: 101016_AppStoreMusicDET4.png |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10773|
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
bluegaspode
2010-10-16 19:17:51 UTC
Post by pippin
OKOKOK. How's #1 for Top Charts Music for Germany then (#of sales, not
grossing)?
Top ten of #sales can be reached (sometimes) with only 4-5 sales in
Germany - so 'Music' seems to be a very 'easy' category overall. Why
don't you do 'Games' to have a real target :D.

I'm holding #1 in Music (grossing) in Norway the last 15 days (thanks
guys !) ... though the current rush for iPeng might spoil that maybe
for a week or so :P

As on some other forum I read that there are still people out there who
think you might have only sold about 1000 copies of iPeng for iPhone I
won't go deeper into stats, like what needs to be sold on average for
Top10 or 20. You will know yourself anyway.

pippin
2010-10-16 19:24:23 UTC
I won't go deeper into stats, like what needs to be sold on average for
Top10 or 20. You will know yourself anyway.
Actually I don't, I never really cared. But I'm suprised, iPeng for
iPhone did never make it that high. Now I don't yet know what number of
sales this means, of course. Could it be that there are still much less
iPad app sales than iPhone app sales overall? You definitely go top-10
with 4-5 sales on "Music" for iPhone.

But I never said I only sold 1.000 copies of iPeng for iPhone, as you
know.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
bluegaspode

erland
2010-10-16 19:57:43 UTC
Pippin now can start to retire ;)
Personally, I hope both of you a selling good enough to continue
improving both Squeezepad and iPeng and I also hope none of you are
doing so good so you are thinking of retire ;-)

I really want both iPeng and Squeezepad to be contiously improved
because they both have their strenghts.

To everyone that want either iPeng or Squeezepad to be continously
improved, I suggest buying both apps because some competition is good
and it's going to push both developers to make the apps even better. We
aren't talking about a lot of money compared to all other stuff you buy
every week.

tomjtx
2010-10-17 08:04:56 UTC
Post by erland
Personally, I hope both of you a selling good enough to continue
improving both Squeezepad and iPeng and I also hope none of you are
doing so good so you are thinking of retire ;-)
I really want both iPeng and Squeezepad to be contiously improved
because they both have their strenghts.
To everyone that want either iPeng or Squeezepad to be continously
improved, I suggest buying both apps because some competition is good
and it's going to push both developers to make the apps even better. We
aren't talking about a lot of money compared to all other stuff you buy
every week.
X2. I have both apps and I like them both.
"
I do like the fact that that Ipeng/Ipad finds the server automatically.
It works more easily "out of the box"
--
tomjtx
tomjtx's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7449
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
VirusKiller
2010-10-17 08:25:28 UTC
One more thing: Is there a one press "Play entire album button"?> > As always in iPeng: Tap the first track. But not if I've turned on "Play single tracks"?
--
VirusKiller
VirusKiller's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=19799
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
browellm
2010-10-17 09:16:41 UTC
OMG, thank you Pippin. I can browse my albums by year, underneath the
Artist view, and it *shows* the year. That alone makes it worth the
price of admission.
--
browellm

Modwright Transporter >> Kondo M7 >>Red Wine Signature 70.2 >> Living
Voice IBX/R2

http://www.last.fm/user/browellm
browellm's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=14260
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
JulianL
2010-10-17 10:09:38 UTC
Post by browellm
OMG, thank you Pippin. I can browse my albums by year, underneath the
Artist view, and it *shows* the year. That alone makes it worth the
price of admission.
Yes, that's a very nice feature but I see that it doesn't do it in tile
view. Could there be an option to do that as well?

My suggestion would be to put it on the second line so instead of it
showing "<Artist>" it could show something like "<Artist-Name>
(<Year>)". If an artist's name is too long to display all this in full
then, since the artist name will be being displayed in full in big text
on the blue bar at the top of the pane, it wouldn't (in my opinion) be a
catastrophe to truncate an artist name so that you end up with something
like "<Start-of-Artist-Name>... (<year>)".

I suspect that truncating the artist name might annoy some people, even
though it's always visible in full at the top of the pane, so I suggest
this is a settable option.

- Julian
--
JulianL
JulianL's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1088
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 22:33:47 UTC
Post by flattermann
I also have a little RFE: :-)
Maybe it would be possible to use the hardware volume buttons to
increase/decrease the Squeezebox/SyncGroup volume...
Pssst.
Sorry, I intentionally turned this off for this release. It's an
explicit no-go with Apple, it's what they talk about in press releases
as an example for how to violate their HMI rules.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
flattermann
2010-10-15 22:39:28 UTC
Post by pippin
Pssst.
Sorry, I intentionally turned this off for this release. It's an
explicit no-go with Apple, it's what they talk about in press releases
as an example for how to violate their HMI rules.
Oh, that's great. :-(

I thought there were maybe some technical reasons (e.g. API does not
offer hooks for that or something...).

pippin
2010-10-15 22:37:20 UTC
Post by Jeff Flowerday
I've attached an screen capture for you
I'm running a 7.6 build from a couple weeks ago. Windows Server 2008
R2.
4.2 Beta 3 on the iPad.
That navigation bar issue could be a 4.2 related issue, I haven't seen
that, yet.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 22:43:29 UTC
Post by pippin
That navigation bar issue could be a 4.2 related issue, I haven't seen
that, yet.
It's fine when listing albums under an artist. The icons show
properly.
Kalanthes
2010-10-15 22:45:25 UTC
Wow...so fast... Twice As fast As ipeng for iPhone.

One very Little Tip: in "ipeng setup" are the help-Text written for
iPhone. ;)
--
Kalanthes
Kalanthes's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=38868
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-15 22:47:13 UTC
It's fine when listing albums under an artist. The icons show properly.
I'll also check whether it could be a memory related issue.
Could you try to restart the App, think you have to do that through the
task bar in the 4.2 beta.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 22:57:31 UTC
Post by pippin
I'll also check whether it could be a memory related issue.
Could you try to restart the App, think you have to do that through the
task bar in the 4.2 beta.
Restarted. Still not showing icons.
pippin
2010-10-15 23:07:16 UTC
Post by Jeff Flowerday
Restarted. Still not showing icons.
I do have 6714 albums, so might very well be memory related.
Then I don't believe it's memory. The memory issue would only show up
after a while of use and I also fixed that one. Will eventually have to
try 4.2 on a device myself.

The number of albums is not that important here, IF there are memory
issues they are related to the memory use for artwork and iPeng can't
hold more than 450 of these in memory anyway.

But hey, the artwork caching got much faster in iPeng for iPad (have to
migrate that to iPhone) so you often don't even notice it reloads
artwork :)
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-15 23:29:05 UTC
Post by pippin
Then I don't believe it's memory. The memory issue would only show up
after a while of use and I also fixed that one. Will eventually have to
try 4.2 on a device myself.
The number of albums is not that important here, IF there are memory
issues they are related to the memory use for artwork and iPeng can't
hold more than 450 of these in memory anyway.
But hey, the artwork caching got much faster in iPeng for iPad (have to
migrate that to iPhone) so you often don't even notice it reloads
artwork :)
In addition clicking on "All Albums" under Artists, the 2 icons show up
properly. Ultimately it the same number of albums just sorted by artist
first.
linvale
2010-10-16 03:18:40 UTC
Just installed this on a shiny new iPad. This is by far the best way to
control my squeezeboxes by far. Set up faultless and everything seems
just to work. Album art is spectacular(and justifies the use of
500x500) images I have tried to use wherever possible.
Thanks Pippin!
--
linvale

Squeezcenter running on ACER R1600 Windows XP
Fileserver ReadyNAS Duo
Main Listening Transporter / Controller
Kitchen : SB3
Bedroom : Boom
Bath : SBRadio
Study: Duo
linvale's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22828
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Kalanthes
2010-10-16 07:15:13 UTC
One Problem, but no bug:
My Music is sorted bandfolder - albumfolder, and in each albumfolder is
One Cover.jpg. For the iPad i got Big pictures, no One less than
500x500.
With this Big coverarts the overview in ipeng and squeezepad is slowely
Is there a Chance to put in each Folder an Folder.jpg with a very low
resolution for the coveroverview and the Big coer.jpg for screensaver?

Greetings

Sorry 4 Bad english.
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-16 20:46:42 UTC
Post by Jeff Flowerday
In addition clicking on "All Albums" under Artists, the 2 icons show up
properly. Ultimately it the same number of albums just sorted by
artist first.
FYI: The 2 icons for Radio are messed up just like Albums.
pippin
2010-10-16 20:55:12 UTC
Post by Jeff Flowerday
FYI: The 2 icons for Radio are messed up just like Albums.
Could it be that all top-level menus are affected?
I think that the iOS 4.2 beta has a bug in the way it handled certain
view controller assignments. After all, it's a beta.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-16 21:40:26 UTC
Post by pippin
Could it be that all top-level menus are affected?
I think that the iOS 4.2 beta has a bug in the way it handled certain
view controller assignments. After all, it's a beta.
Might very well be top-level menus, I just checked New Music and it's
messed up as well.
JulianL
2010-10-17 03:21:11 UTC
I just bought iPeng for iPad after using iPhone iPeng in blow-up mode
for a while. I also have SqueezePad and they are both excellent apps
and, even if I gravitate towards one of them, I'm happy to have
supported both developers.

I'm sure that I'll have more to say but for now...

1) I'll add my voice to the "don't really like the blue colour scheme"
camp. Is there any chance of an option to at least pick between a few
alternatives colour schemes (a bit like Atomic web browser)?

2) I see that you (Pippin) have already indicated resistance to not
scaling up lower resolution artwork but, if you change your mind,
please do make it a settable option because all my artwork is in
500x500 and I'm happy with the quality when scaled up so I'd hate for
it to change.

By the way, in case you (Pippin) haven't seen it, I recognize Jeff
Flowerday's name from Macrumors forum where he stared a thread to
announce your iPad application and declare it as "...great..." so he's
a pretty devoted fan, and clearly too modest to mention his evangelism
work on behalf of iPeng. It's pretty cool to have users like that.

- Julian
pippin
2010-10-15 22:48:04 UTC
Post by Kalanthes
Wow...so fast... Twice As fast As ipeng for iPhone.
One very Little Tip: in "ipeng setup" are the help-Text written for
iPhone. ;)
I know. This is one of the drawbacks of localization: I need to get new
ones translated...
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-16 07:24:39 UTC
Don't do that. The loading is slow only for the first time because the
server has to rescale the artwork once. The size of the image gas
little influence on that.
Both the server and iPeng do cache the resized images so on subsequent
loads it will be much faster.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Kalanthes
2010-10-16 07:34:06 UTC
Post by pippin
Don't do that. The loading is slow only for the first time because the
server has to rescale the artwork once. The size of the image gas
little influence on that.
Both the server and iPeng do cache the resized images so on subsequent
loads it will be much faster.
Ok, thanks for your fast answer :)
VirusKiller
2010-10-16 07:53:01 UTC
Great work Pippin. It looks good so far and has great potential!

Two things:

1) I also don't like the light blue skin!

2) There is a bug with the "Don't Group Controls" setting. The setting
does work and the icon in the top left corner changes from a group to a
single player. However, although the setting is nominally retained
when iPeng is restarted, "Don't Group Controls = Yes" is ignored by the
app.

FYI, I'm running SBS 7.5.1.
morberg
2010-10-16 08:09:19 UTC
Post by VirusKiller
1) I also don't like the light blue skin!
Neither do I. Despite that I will probably make this my first iOS
purchase for controlling my squeezebox.
--
morberg
morberg's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=8757
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-16 08:18:06 UTC
2) Please file a ticket for this, this should not be.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
VirusKiller
2010-10-16 12:00:59 UTC
2) Please file a ticket for this, this should not be. Ticket #266 logged.
Some other observations:

1) Functionality-wise, I like it :)

2) Despite my initial reservations in the "What should iPeng on iPad
look like" thread, portrait mode is growing on me.

3) I really like the black background on the now playing screen.

4) The feel of the now playing screen is very different to the feel of
the main screen.

5) The player power button on the top left icon is too small.

6) The +/- volume buttons (for players using the IRBlaster plugin) are
too small and/or too close to the Multiplayer Control button.

7) The (album art) button to toggle from the selection screen to the
now playing screen is in a different location to the button (the back
arrow) to return to the selection screen. It would be good to have a
back (to selection screen) button in roughly the same location as the
album art button on the selection screen.

8) When moving players into and out of groups in the MultiPlayer
Control window, there is some graphics corruption.

9) I'd like to be able to customize the selection screen (e.g. Remove
"My Apps" and add "Spotify").

10) What is the "World" button for (next to the search bar)?

Please let me know which of these you'd like me to log tickets for.
ASenna04
2010-10-16 12:12:42 UTC
Pippin,

Just installed ii on my ipad. Well done.

First reaction is it is a great product. Love it.

Will give you a more detailed feedback after using it for a few days.

ASenna04
--
ASenna04
ASenna04's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=2696
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
epoch1970
2010-10-16 13:19:24 UTC
IMHO the iPad feels a bit different than the ipod/iphone in that you
have more wiggle room for your fingers.

I like the main interface of iPeng for iPad in that it is a complete (?
except administration ?) replacement to the web interface for SBS. It is
fast and tidy.
I like the screensaver in that it is very simple (one-touch operation)
and looks beautiful on the large screen.

Now is it possible to envision something where playlist control would
be gesture-based, i.e. not (less) using popups ? I attach a mockup of
a sequence to show what I have in mind.

(I've already wanted the SBS server web UI to allow drag and drop from
the left window pane to the playlist... I guess now's your turn,
Pippin.)

|Filename: 04.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10770|

JayLaFunk
2010-10-16 13:31:30 UTC
Pippin,

Many thanks for the app,

I like when you tap on an album, it shows how many tracks with the
total playing time, could you also have this for playlists as well, I
would like to see the total playing time...

On the now playing screen, some of my album art is all blurred and
stretched, is this a fault on my art work, what size am I looking for
to look good and that will be a bit of tweaking to do on my large
library...
From a previous post -

pippin
2010-10-16 14:29:16 UTC
Post by VirusKiller
5) The player power button on the top left icon is too small.
6) The +/- volume buttons (for players using the IRBlaster plugin) are
too small and/or too close to the Multiplayer Control button.
7) The (album art) button to toggle from the selection screen to the
now playing screen is in a different location to the button (the back
arrow) to return to the selection screen. It would be good to have a
back (to selection screen) button in roughly the same location as the
album art button on the selection screen.
8) When moving players into and out of groups in the MultiPlayer
Control window, there is some graphics corruption.
9) I'd like to be able to customize the selection screen (e.g. Remove
"My Apps" and add "Spotify").
10) What is the "World" button for (next to the search bar)?
5. Do you mean you can't see the state? Control wise: the whole player
icon is the power button.
6. Yes, there's a bug on this. Actually they are on top of the
MultiPlayer control area.
7. Good point. Worth another ticket :)
8. I haven't seen this in a while (since early in 1.2.5 iPeng),
anything you can reproduce?
9. Planned.
10. It switches between local and global search. Local search shows all
hits in your local library at the same time and can be a bit slow on
ReadyNAS et al. Global Search is a meta menu containing search hooks
for local library but also "Apps" like Rhapsody, Last.fm,... It's
essentially the "Global Search" menu item from SqueezePlay.
Post by VirusKiller
Now is it possible to envision something where playlist control would
be gesture-based, i.e. not (less) using popups ? I attach a mockup of
a sequence to show what I have in mind.
Difficult case. I usually get bad feedback for anything gesture
dependent.
Post by VirusKiller
(I've already wanted the SBS server web UI to allow drag and drop from
the left window pane to the playlist... I guess now's your turn,
Pippin.)
This particular case is something that may come, albeit in a bit
different form.
However, I do to a certain degree doubt the usefulness of drag&drop
after playing around a bit with the Sonos App. I still think I'll do it
if only for the fun it is.
Post by VirusKiller
I like when you tap on an album, it shows how many tracks with the
total playing time, could you also have this for playlists as well, I
would like to see the total playing time...
Ah. Another nice idea for a ticket :)
Post by VirusKiller
On the now playing screen, some of my album art is all blurred and
stretched, is this a fault on my art work, what size am I looking for
to look good and that will be a bit of tweaking to do on my large
library...
It's 768x768. iPeng will ask the server to resize bigger artwork,
smaller artwork is being resized on the iPad.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-16 14:33:51 UTC
Thank you, UK!!!!
(This is Top Grossing iPad Music Apps)

|Filename: 101016_AppStoreTGMusicUKTop5.png |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10772|
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
bluegaspode

JayLaFunk
2010-10-16 15:07:33 UTC
Post by pippin
Ah. Another nice idea for a ticket :)
It's 768x768. iPeng will ask the server to resize bigger artwork,
smaller artwork is being resized on the iPad.
Ticket submitted #267

Does anyone know good album cover sites that have 768x768 artwork
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-16 16:28:54 UTC
Post by JayLaFunk
Ticket submitted #267
Does anyone know good album cover sites that have 768x768 artwork
I have way to many albums to even look at upgrading my art from
500x500. So I've put in a request ticket for pippen to give us the
option to not stretch art smaller than 768x768. Hopefully someday it
will make it in.
VirusKiller
2010-10-16 16:59:39 UTC
I have way to many albums to even look at upgrading my art from 500x500. Agreed. It's difficult to get more than 500x500 art. My art is all
500x500 where possible.
Jeff Flowerday
2010-10-16 17:07:57 UTC
I'm going to go against the grain here and say after a day of use, I
don't mind the blue.
Chunkywizard
2010-10-16 18:32:21 UTC
Agreed. It's difficult to get more than 500x500 art. My art is all
500x500 where possible.
Album Art Exchange does 600x600 800x800 and 1000x1000 but won't have
all albums

HTH

CW

JayLaFunk
2010-10-16 17:59:33 UTC
I have way too many albums to even look at upgrading my art from
500x500. So I've put in a request ticket for pippen to give us the
option to not stretch art smaller than 768x768. Hopefully someday it
will make it in.
Cheers M8, I would also hope that pippin gives us this option, would be
a nightmare for me to go through my library upgrading as well...

Jay
VirusKiller
2010-10-16 16:58:15 UTC
Post by pippin
5. Do you mean you can't see the state? Control wise: the whole player
icon is the power button. Oh ok. I think the problem was that sometimes I got "The current
playlist" popping up instead. I think there is a general problem with
the proximity or overlap of different buttons.
Post by pippin
7. Good point. Worth another ticket :) Logged as ticket #268.
8. I haven't seen this in a while (since early in 1.2.5 iPeng), anything
you can reproduce? Not at the moment. I'll keep an eye on it.
Peter
2010-10-16 17:47:51 UTC
Pippin,

What's the logic behind the sort order of the players in the player
management screen?
I would expect it to be alphabetical like the order in the SBS web
interface, but it isn't...
Ironically it seems the same as the order in squeezepad ;)

Peter
pippin
2010-10-16 20:00:51 UTC
Erland, you might be surprised but I feel the same.
iPeng would never have been where it is now if it wasn't for the
competition of Squidgy, Squeemote, Squeezepad, Squeezey and the like.

Plus, as I mentioned above I do have some strong opinions on some
aspects that not everybody might share. It's obviously the same for
bluegaspode.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Stone Free
2010-10-17 13:04:12 UTC
Post by pippin
Erland, you might be surprised but I feel the same.
iPeng would never have been where it is now if it wasn't for the
competition of Squidgy, Squeemote, Squeezepad, Squeezey and the like.
How do you guys stop yourselves getting into MS vs Apple like stupidity
over new feature innovations?

You must have your ego's in check:)
--
Stone Free
Stone Free's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31773
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
nolan
2010-10-17 13:24:48 UTC
Just downloaded and looks great :)

You have obviously put a lot of work into using the extra screen area,
I even like the ocular scheme.

The only downside is I need to rescan some of my artwork to take
advantage of the extra resolution!
--
nolan
nolan's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7440
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
vw195
2010-10-17 15:24:27 UTC
I apologize if I am repeating what someone has suggested, but I would
like an option when you select an item to play ie radio station and/or
music tune it goes to fullscreen album art. I would like the option to
stay on current page, since if I am selecting between multiple radio
stations I dont want to have to hit the bac button. Yes I could just
add all to the playlist, I guess that would be a work around, but
nonetheless I think that might be a good setting.
--
vw195
vw195's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=32644
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-17 08:09:03 UTC
Julian: keeping artwork as it is would definitely always just be an
option.

And Jeff, Julian is right: you are definitely one great fan to have.
Thanks a lot for all the support, I also noted your thread on the AVS
forum :)
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-17 10:33:51 UTC
But not if I've turned on "Play single tracks"?
No, that's true, you have to tap the cover to get the context menu.
I did not want to do a straight "cover-play" since in iPeng for iPad
there are cases where you need to tap a cover to open a menu and I
don't want to confuse people about things that could be destructive for
a playlist.
I did experiment with a dedicated "play all" button below the cover but
opinion in the beta was that it's generally more ugly than needed.

Out of curiosity: why do you use "play single tracks"? I mean: it only
makes a difference for "play" on single tracks and if you are playing
single tracks, does having the rest of the album in the playlist hurt?
Or do you build playlists so often that the "hold" on a track makes a
difference for starting a new one?
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
yannyb
2010-10-16 09:46:33 UTC
Makes me wish I had an iPad! Good work pippin! Looking forward to the
iPhone version vetting the improved art caching ;-)
--
yannyb

SqueezeServer - 7.5.1 (on Mac Mini)
Squeezebox Duet - 7.5.1
Squeezebox Radio - 7.5.1 r8837
iTunes Library & Media on ReadyNAS Duo (shared central library)
iPeng for iPhone
Squeezecast for iPhone
PS3 Media Server on Mac Mini
yannyb's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=37839
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-16 10:45:47 UTC
Post by andynormancx
Looking good. I have spotted one oddity. When pulling down on the right
hand list, it can sometimes get a problem where it seems to briefly
http://youtu.be/oAVzkBuCawQ
I know about this but I'm not entirely sure about _why_ it happens.
Maybe it's duplicate gesture recognizers because I use an own instance
for the artwork resizing, maybe I can use the zoom factor of the scroll
view instead.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
pippin
2010-10-16 10:47:30 UTC
Post by epoch1970
I got the app to quit when browsing my albums. I repeated it twice, and
it happened at the same position in the library, for what I can see.
I know there are a few weird JPG files in the database. I am ready to
blame the crash on an abnormal file.
But fact is, neither the scanner nor the server crash on these.
I don't know which album is involved precisely. When I have the chance
to pinpoint the issue a bit further I'll report again.
Edit: A most excellent 1.0 release so far, I must say. Don't let a
message like mine stop you from enjoying the app today!
Thanks :)

Do you maybe have BMP artwork? That's strictly forbidden with iPeng
before recent SBS 7.6 builds because the server doesn't resize them.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
epoch1970
2010-10-16 11:02:09 UTC
Post by pippin
Do you maybe have BMP artwork?
Urgh! I surely hope not! I'll have a look.

I also noticed something else:
the acceleration law used for scrolling albums (thumbnails mode, 2
albums side by side in portrait) is perfect when used in portrait mode.
I tried to accelerate the flow as much as I can swiping, and the
movement is still fluid. Perfect!

In landscape, where 3 albums are side by side (same size, wider window)
and the window is much shorter, the same vigourous swipe gesture can
easily break the flow; scrolling gets jumpy.

So far, I find myself using landscape most of the time, except in the
now playing screensaver mode.

pippin
2010-10-16 11:11:38 UTC
Good to hear. I almost exclusively use portrait (not only with iPeng) so
it's good to know it works for landscape users, too.
I don't have an influence on the acceleration profile other than making
rendering as fast as possible but so far I thought landscape would be
faster.
Btw: Albums views from the local library should render a bit faster
than the cover wall views for Apps.

Another thing I find myself using a lot with my own library are
the...->All Tracks views. As opposed to iPeng for iPhone it shows you
all this artwork and let's you use all albums options, too.
--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
epoch1970
2010-10-16 13:31:21 UTC
Post by pippin
I don't have an influence on the acceleration profile other than making
rendering as fast as possible but so far I thought landscape would be
faster.
Mhh. I wouldn't mind if the movement were slower but more fluid. My
library is large enough for me to use the alphabetical index on the
right when I need to "go far" in the list.
Post by pippin
Btw: Albums views from the local library should render a bit faster than
the cover wall views for Apps.
I'm not sure what you're referring to. I have a rather old-school use
of SBS, local music and infrequent connection to mySB.com.
Post by pippin
Another thing I find myself using a lot with my own library are
the...->All Tracks views. As opposed to iPeng for iPhone it shows you
all this artwork and let's you use all albums options, too.
Yes, I found this one and I like it a lot.

gmudunuri
2010-10-15 21:04:45 UTC
Loving iPeng for iPad. Hope it is multi-tasking ready when Apple
releases iOS4 for iPad next month.
--
gmudunuri
gmudunuri's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=34477
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday
Veggen
2010-10-15 21:15:34 UTC
Darn, I am really trying to avoid getting drawn into the evil iUniverse,
but you are really making it hard to resist.
Its looking mighty good.
--
Veggen
Veggen's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7035
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
Jeff Flowerday

andynormancx
2010-10-16 10:01:55 UTC
Looking good. I have spotted one oddity. When pulling down on the right
hand list, it can sometimes get a problem where it seems to briefly
think that in have lifted my finger. See this video for a demo:

--
andynormancx

Yes, it will. Yes, all of them. Yes, SoftSqueeze as well. What ?
I SAID ALL OF THEM !
andynormancx's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17417
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=82681
epoch1970
2010-10-16 10:13:24 UTC
I got the app to quit when browsing my albums. I repeated it twice, and
it happened at the same position in the library, for what I can see.

I know there are a few weird JPG files in the database. I am ready to
blame the crash on an abnormal file.
But fact is, the scanner nor the server crash on these.