Pre-announcement - ickStream open beta release on Squeezebox !
remd
2014-11-14 18:17:05 UTC
We are about to announce the release of ickStream to all Squeezebox
users and we are giving anyone who is reading this post on the
slimdevices forum the opportunity to try out ickStream ahead of the
announcement.

With ickStream you will be able to access a number of additional online
music services and radios on your Squeezebox.
We are particularly excited to announce the availability of TIDAL -
http://tidalhifi.com - on the Squeezebox exclusively through ickStream.
Go grab a trial account here: http://getlossless.com/ , if you don't
already have one, and you'll be able to enjoy High Fidelity Music
streaming on your Squeezebox!

While ickStream strives to provide access to different music services to
enrich users music experience, one aspect we also want to focus on is
access to high quality music streaming, especially on home streaming
devices like the Squeezebox.
With this initial release we are providing access to nine services,
three of them provide access to high-resolution streams: Qobuz, WiMP
Hifi, and TIDAL, which has recently launched in the US and UK.

We have decided to release ickStream on the Squeezebox as a Logitech
Media Server(LMS) plugin first to support all Squeezeboxes.

Please visit the following page on our wiki for instructions on how to
install the ickStream plugin and to see which services are supported in
this release:
http://wiki.ickstream.com/index.php/Open_Beta_Squeezebox

We are working on supporting many more services, some of them are
already being tested, they will be added automatically to the supported
services in upcoming releases, so stay tuned !

For support or to share feedback please visit our forum at:
https://forum.ickstream.com

Interested in the future of music streaming ? www.ickStream.com - A
world of music at your fingertips.
remd's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=14098
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
local.bin
2014-11-14 21:33:47 UTC
Cool thanks, will take a look.

Regards

local.bin's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22053
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
Furry
2014-11-14 22:50:36 UTC
Is this supposed to work with a qobuz account yet?

Living room: SB Touch, Audiolab 8000A (c1985) + TDL RTL3 speakers.
Dining room: SB Boom.
Kitchen: SB Radio 1/3, with battery.
Bedroom 1: SB Radio 2/3, no battery.
Bedroom 2: SB3, AE 2.1. speakers.
Bedroom 3: Slim Devices SB3, Edirol MA-15D powered monitors.
Bathroom: SB Radio 3/3 (in white), with (and running on) battery.
LMS v7.8.0 on WHS 2011 running on HP Proliant N40L (1.5GHz, 8GB).
Furry's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11328
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
pippin
2014-11-14 22:55:34 UTC
1) How long does it usually take creating an account on the ickstream
cloud? (your newsletters get through, but nothing so far, not in spam
either) - Edit: Added ickstream to hotmail accepted address and reset
password. All sorted now. thanks.
OK. It should usually only take a few seconds or minutes but e-mails
sometimes have relay delays.
2) Your data policy is a little extensive, is that data open to all at
ickstream, or restricted in some way? Do you see username/password for
my services for example? Apologies for the blunt question.
Well, "all at ickstream" currently isn't too many :) Those who have
admin access to the server can see the mail address you used to create
the ickStream account, not the account details for connected services.

Whether we have your passwords or not in the database depends on the
service (other than with Logitech, BTW, which always connects using your
account information IIRC, at least I don't remember ever seeing any
oAuth on MySB). Wherever an oAuth authentication is available, we use
it. oAuth will not give us the full account information but just the
user ID and an authentication handle which then can only be used by
ickStream and which you can usually revoke on the service at any time
even without ickStream involvement. This is for example what SoundCloud
does.
This is also how the login providers we use work. If you login with,
say, facebook, we don't get your facebook password but just an e-mail
address and the confirmation from facebook that you are correctly logged
in through their account.

Others like TIDAL or Qobuz don't use this yet and there we do have to
store both username and password to get access.
3) Trying Tidal on your service and its excellent. Thanks very much.
Will try qobuz later.
Good to hear that, have fun!

Regarding your earlier question on devices, let me answer although you
now removed the question. We don't get any details data from your
players, what we store is the player identity. This means: the player
name, the MAC and the UUID the player has created. That's how the
players are identified in our system.
The idea behind ickStream is to be licensed to vendors and we have to
make sure that the beta is not being used commercially, we would not be
allowed to do that for all the services provided under the terms of the
open beta, vendors will have to use a commercial license for that which
has other terms (but then they could also get more services...)

---
learn more about iPeng, the iPhone and iPad remote for the Squeezebox
and
Logitech UE Smart Radio as well as iPeng Party, the free Party-App,
at penguinlovesmusic.com
*New: iPeng 8, the Universal App for iOS 7 and iOS 8*
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
pippin
2014-11-14 23:01:04 UTC
One comment regarding something that came up on our forum...
There seems to be an issue - it's a bit embarrassing given the fact that
we start with some lossless services - that LMS (and other UIs)
sometimes show MP3 as the stream format with our streams even when the
actual format is FLAC.
This affects both TIDAL and QOBUZ. From what I see the correct format
will usually be shown after a while, especially if you play the same
track (in the current playlist) a second time.

So don't be too concerned if LMS or the player shows the stream format
as "MP3" where you expect FLAC, it's usually indeed FLAC. We have a way
to see what's the actual stream in the logs, there's an explanation
about how to get this in our forum. We are working on a fix.
It's this old issue that it's actually the server telling the controller
or UI what is streaming, the information shown is not what actually
reaches the player but what the server thinks it is...

---
atrocity
2014-11-15 03:47:28 UTC
Post by pippin
There seems to be an issue - it's a bit embarrassing given the fact that
we start with some lossless services - that LMS (and other UIs)
sometimes show MP3 as the stream format with our streams even when the
actual format is FLAC.
Thank you for mentioning that, it's actually what I came here to check.
I don't claim my ears can tell the difference, but I was curious. I did
suspect I was really getting FLAC because I used my go-to album ("The
Dark Side of the Moon") to test for gapless playback and was very happy
to hear perfection!

Thank you for all your work!

atrocity's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=16009
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
callesoroe
2014-11-14 23:28:57 UTC
Post by remd
[...]
I have created an account and will add online services. But I can not se
Wimp anywhere????. I have a Wimp-hifi account(Denmark).

|Filename: ickstream.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16658|

Callesoroe
Living room: Transporter, Tact RCS 2.2X digital preamp, Martin Logan
Vista speakers, AMPS(Icepower): Acoustic Reality Ear Enigma
PLUS(PANELS), Acoustic Reality Ear TWO MKII(Bas)
Kitchen: Transporter, Prodipe Pro 5 active bi-amp speakers. Bedroom:
Receiver+UE boombox, Kids: Receiver+Active speakers, WIMP-HIFI flac
streaming.
callesoroe's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22693
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
pippin
2014-11-14 23:32:45 UTC
That'S just the login providers. Could it be that you are not in
Denmark? I think we only show WiMP there if you are from Denmark or
Norway (or maybe not at all? Will have to check tomorrow).

This doesn't mean it's not supported. Just log in with e-mail/password
(ickStream cloud login) and then you can select your country and add
WiMP, too.

---
callesoroe
2014-11-14 23:53:35 UTC
Post by callesoroe
I have created an account and will add online services. But I can not se
Wimp anywhere????. I have a Wimp-hifi account(Denmark).
Have solved it..... clicked on google to come in and add wimp :)

amcluesent
2014-11-15 01:35:35 UTC
I was looking forward to trying this, but the plugin seems to be in an
endless loop of asking to confirm T&Cs and refreshing players.

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1408216432 @ Sun Aug 17 04:04:19
CUT 2014
Hostname: Rosaline
Server IP Address: 192.168.2.119
Server HTTP Port Number: 9000
Operating system: Windows 7 - EN - cp1252
Platform Architecture: 8664
Perl Version: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Audio::Scan: 0.95
Database Version: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)
Total Players Recognized: 4

amcluesent's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10286
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
Furry
2014-11-15 10:29:26 UTC
I was looking forward to trying this, but the plugin seems to have got
stuck in an endless loop of asking to confirm T&Cs with re-registering
players. Trying disable/enable of plugin and restarting LMS
Same here (see post #3).

I'm using LMS 7.8.0. Is this a problem, do I need to upgrade to 7.9?

pippin
2014-11-15 01:46:04 UTC
What type of players do you have?
Did it not ask you to create an account or log in?

One more thing: you seem to be using a very old version of LMS 7.9 beta,
could you update this to a more recent build?

---
amcluesent
2014-11-15 02:26:44 UTC
OK, upgraded LMS and deleted ickstream.prefs to start over, but same
result. Using ickStream login

Players are two Booms, Transporter, Touch

Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1415806553 @ Thu Nov 13 04:05:05

pippin
2014-11-15 04:46:19 UTC
Post by amcluesent
OK, upgraded LMS and deleted ickstream.prefs to start over, but same
result. Using ickStream cloud login
Could you tell me exactly what you are seeing in the ickStream settings
page?
Do you not even have a login link? Are the players showing as registered
or something?
Post by amcluesent
I could post ickstream.prefs but not sure what that would disclose...
There is an "ickstream" folder along with the ickstream.prefs (in the
plugin preferences folder) which contains licenses. Could you try to
delete that folder, too?

---
amcluesent
2014-11-15 09:12:22 UTC
Post by pippin
There is an "ickstream" folder along with the ickstream.prefs (in the
plugin preferences folder) which contains licenses. Could you try to
delete that folder, too?
Success. Shutdown LMS, deleted ickstream.prefs AND the folder, restarted
LMS, went through the set-up/login to ickstream Cloud and its working :)

Grahame
2014-11-15 04:00:21 UTC
Thanks guys,
Lossless, gapless, synced, multi room goodness, streamed from the cloud,
thanks to Tidal -> ickStream -> LMS

Controlled by iPeng

Yay!

16659

|Filename: ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416024004.785631.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=16659|

Grahame's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1200
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
johnas
2014-11-15 04:59:53 UTC
Nice job guys working great on my end. Nice to see full Featured deezer
access with Flow - awesome!

johnas's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31930
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
bluegaspode
2014-11-15 07:33:04 UTC
Congrats on finally releasing what you have been working on for so long!

I'm still hoping that on CES more ickstream based products will be
announced at least 😉

Did you know: *'SqueezePlayer' (www.squeezeplayer.com)* will stream all
your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? *'Squeezebox + iPad =
SqueezePad ' (www.squeezepad.com)*
Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why
not try my 'Weather Forecast Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73827)
Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my
'Headphone Switcher Applet'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=67139)
bluegaspode's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31651
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
toby10
2014-11-15 09:07:50 UTC
Any idea when you will be offering direct connections to ick by SB
players? i.e. No LMS needed? Thanks. :)

toby10's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12553
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=102497
remd
2014-11-15 10:05:25 UTC
Post by toby10
Any idea when you will be offering direct connections to ick by SB
players? i.e. No LMS needed? Thanks. :)
We have an alpha version of an Applet for SBRadio and SBTouch available
for beta users under NDA, but we wanted to prioritize access to all
Squeezeboxes and access to services, so we haven't done much development
on it lately.

We will get back on it at some point, but don't have an eta for that
yet. We'll let you know as soon as we can focus on it again and have a
better idea of when we can release it.