My favourite radio station does not work anymore
Steelstar
2016-01-20 15:07:44 UTC
I have to post this so I can add a link.
Read below

Steelstar's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=65309
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
Steelstar
2016-01-20 15:08:06 UTC
Hi everybody.
I have a Squeezebox Radio with a LMS on a Synology NAS.

In my favorites I have this Italian radio: Radio Deejay
About 1 month ago something changed (in Tunein or in the specific radio
streaming) and can't make this station work.
I can't find anymore in Tunein list on my Squeezebox, while it appears
on the Tunein website even if it says I need to download the stream to
play the radio (http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Deejay-967-s1216/). If I
try to put this link anywhere on my LMS I can't make it work.

I also found this link, which is running good on my pc:
http://radiodeejay-lh.akamaihd.net/i/***@189857/master.m3u8

Even in this case, I can't make this stream work on my Squeezebox.

Can anybody help me? Why is this happening?
I guess I'll have to abandon my SB if I can't hear my favourite
station...

utgg
2016-01-20 15:40:04 UTC
Post by Steelstar
Hi everybody.
I have a Squeezebox Radio with a LMS on a Synology NAS.
In my favorites I have this Italian radio: Radio Deejay
About 1 month ago something changed (in Tunein or in the specific radio
streaming) and can't make this station work.
I can't find anymore in Tunein list on my Squeezebox, while it appears
on the Tunein website even if it says I need to download the stream to
play the radio (http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-Deejay-967-s1216/). If I
try to put this link anywhere on my LMS I can't make it work.
Even in this case, I can't make this stream work on my Squeezebox.
Can anybody help me? Why is this happening?
I guess I'll have to abandon my SB if I can't hear my favourite
station...
The .m3u8 link is for an HLS stream format, which isn't supported
directly by squeezebox devices. The latest BBCiPlayer plugin, however,
now supports HLS stream format, and is capable of playing non-BBC
streams. See this thread find out how to get the latest BBCiPlayer
plugin version:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104672-BBCiPlayer-with-DASH-support-test-version&highlight=DASH
It is a test version, but works well.

You then need to prefix the above URL with "iplayer://live?hls=", and
paste it into the "Tune In URL" box on the LMS web interface. Icon and
Title can also be included. The following URL works for me:

"iplayer://live?hls=Loading Image...&title=Radio
DeeJay"

You can then save this to your Favorites.

utgg's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=40900
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
Man in a van
2016-01-20 16:01:27 UTC
Post by utgg
The .m3u8 link is for an HLS stream format, which isn't supported
directly by squeezebox devices. The latest BBCiPlayer plugin, however,
now supports HLS stream format, and is capable of playing non-BBC
streams. See this thread find out how to get the latest BBCiPlayer
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?104672-BBCiPlayer-with-DASH-support-test-version&highlight=DASH
It is a test version, but works well.
You then need to prefix the above URL with "iplayer://live?hls=", and
paste it into the "Tune In URL" box on the LMS web interface. Icon and
DeeJay"
You can then save this to your Favorites.
In the settings you will need this

Live Stream Preference Dash > HSL

Man in a van's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=43627
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
Steelstar
2016-01-20 22:10:44 UTC
Ok, it worked :)

Now I have another question:
I have the following stream:
http://shoutcast.radio24.it:8000/listen.pls

This radio is also on web version of Tunein
(http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-24-1048-s26090/?streamid=65542096) but I
can't find it with my Squeezebox (italian Radio 24)
If I use the shoutcast stream I can hear it. But adding to my favourites
I have no icon displayed.
Do you know how I can add it manually, like you did with iplayer? Tried
the "&icon= thing but it doesn't work with this.

utgg
2016-01-21 08:00:24 UTC
Post by Steelstar
Ok, it worked :)
http://shoutcast.radio24.it:8000/listen.pls
This radio is also on web version of Tunein
(http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-24-1048-s26090/?streamid=65542096) but I
can't find it with my Squeezebox (italian Radio 24)
If I use the shoutcast stream I can hear it. But adding to my favourites
I have no icon displayed.
Do you know how I can add it manually, like you did with iplayer? Tried
the "&icon= thing but it doesn't work with this.
No the "&icon=" thing is specific to the iplayer plugin, and won't work
with a regular radio stream URL, which is parsed by LMS itself.

I don't know how LMS obtains and associates icons with regular radio
streams, but the following thread talks about adding icons to favorites
by editing prefs/favorites.opml:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?103645-LMS-7-9-customize-favorite-radios-icons

I also see from the radio24 web player page that there is an HLS version
of radio24:
"http://radio24-lh.akamaihd.net/i/***@380795/master.m3u8",
so the following should also work:

"iplayer://live?hls=Loading Image...&title=Radio24"

toby10
2016-01-21 10:18:39 UTC
ShoutCast does not support art display (album, artist, or station).

toby10's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12553
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
bpa
2016-01-21 10:31:53 UTC
Post by Steelstar
This radio is also on web version of Tunein
(http://tunein.com/radio/Radio-24-1048-s26090/?streamid=65542096) but I
can't find it with my Squeezebox (italian Radio 24)
AFAICT The URL above is also available from LMS Radio Search under
Radio24. This has lots of matches but the 2nd station in the list looks
to be the above. Using Search under Radio menu - returns a Tunein URL
which can playe the sttaion but also returns metadata such as program
data and Program images which the iplayer URL will never do.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
Steelstar
2016-01-21 21:19:40 UTC
Thanks everybody for your kind replies, very useful forum!
In the end I found that radio under Tunein, I don't know why I didn't
see that!

Bye

aldeb
2016-03-30 08:32:52 UTC
Good morning All and thanks for the great job you do every day!!!
I have a Squeezebox radio and I have the same problem as depicted above,
I cannot listen to the Italian Network Radio Deejay. I tried to follow
the instructions step by step but somehow it failed.
I installed all the latest plugins and inserted manually the url (with
ths iplayer suffix) but when I select it from the Radio it shows empty.
I tried to search the Radio via TuneIn but it doesn't exist and even if
I select Radio Deejay from my account's favourite list, it says stream
not compatible. I don't know what is wrong.
What if I modify the opml.menu of the BBC by adding the Radio Deejay
url?
I will appreciate any kind of help!
Thanks

aldeb's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=65600
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
bpa
2016-03-30 08:36:34 UTC
Post by aldeb
Good morning All and thanks for the great job you do every day!!!
I have a Squeezebox radio and I have the same problem as depicted above,
I cannot listen to the Italian Network Radio Deejay. I tried to follow
the instructions step by step but somehow it failed.
I installed all the latest plugins and inserted manually the url (with
ths iplayer suffix) but when I select it from the Radio it shows empty.
I tried to search the Radio via TuneIn but it doesn't exist and even if
I select Radio Deejay from my account's favourite list, it says stream
not compatible. I don't know what is wrong.
What if I modify the opml.menu of the BBC by adding the Radio Deejay
url?
I will appreciate any kind of help!
Thanks
You may have made an error - copy to a post the URL you are trying to
play so it can be checked.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
aldeb
2016-03-30 21:37:33 UTC
I forgot to post my current setup:

Logitech Media Server Versione: 7.7.5 - 1416570306 @ Thu Nov 27 07:38:09
CUT 2014
Nome host: Ale-PC
Indirizzo IP del server: 192.168.178.42
Porta HTTP server: 9000
Sistema operativo: Windows 7 - IT - cp1252
Architettura piattaforma: 8664
Versione Perl: 5.14.1 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
Versione database: DBD::SQLite 1.34_01 (sqlite 3.7.7.1)

bpa
2016-03-31 11:16:35 UTC
The URL you tried (complete with iplayer prefix) would be best so that
it can be tested on other systems.

In terms of software you haven't given the version of BBCiPlayer plugin
installed ?

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
aldeb
2016-03-31 18:11:59 UTC
I've tried all the three solutions reported on thread #103425.
1.3.1alpha3 initially and then the DASH test 1.4.3

bpa
2016-03-31 18:30:16 UTC
Post by aldeb
I've tried all the three solutions reported on thread #103425.
1.3.1alpha3 initially and then the DASH test 1.4.3
Please please please - 3rd time asking - post the exact URL you are
trying i.e the url you have created beginning with iplayer://

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
bpa
2016-03-31 18:35:24 UTC
Post by aldeb
I've tried all the three solutions reported on thread #103425.
1.3.1alpha3 initially and then the DASH test 1.4.3
Your URL plays OK for me. So I think it is your BBCiPlayer plugin
installation problem.

Can you play any of the BBC LIve (non UK) stations ? - I assume you are
not in the UK.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
aldeb
2016-03-31 21:27:46 UTC
The player works fine with all BBC radios (played directly from iBBC). I
will try to uninstall and reinstall everything and I'll keep you
posted.
Is there anything special to do to play an iplay url? I edited and
played it directly from my favorite menu. Should I do anything else? I
am in Germany, can the problem be my location? Should I install
something special as non UK?

bpa
2016-03-31 21:56:02 UTC
The player works fine with all BBC UK radios (played directly from
iBBC). How can I try non UK ones?. I will try to uninstall and reinstall
everything and I'll keep you posted.
Is there anything special to do to play an iplay url? I edited and
played it directly from my favorite menu. Should I do anything else? I
am in Germany, can the problem be my location? Should I install
something special as non UK?
If you are in Germany and you are not using a VPN then the UK station
will not play so it sounds like you are not using the right menu.

The non UK stations are listed under the Radio /BBCiPlayer menu "Listen
Live (non UK)" - if you do not see that menu then you are not using the
BBCiPlayer menus but the Logitech BBC App menu.

All the live streams for the BBCiPlayer use thre "iplayer://live" URLs.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
aldeb
2016-04-01 21:45:22 UTC
So here it is the latest update. Thanks to bpa's hint, I realized the
radio was not directly connected to the computer, but was connected to
mysqueezebox server. When I changed the library to my computer, I was
able to reinstall all the plugins and to succeed in playing Radio Deejay
with iPlayer. Yeaaaaaaah, Great but...
When I shut down my computer (like it is for the most part of the day)
to use my squeezebox radio, as a normal internet radio (its main use!),
I have to connect it to the squeezebox server, iplayer is no longer
working and everything goes back as before!!!
What's wrong? Me? Is really LMS always needed running?

bpa
2016-04-01 23:21:36 UTC
Post by aldeb
Is really LMS always needed running?
You need LMS to play HLS streams. HLS is not supported by the Radio or
any SB player. LMS handles the HLS streaming and sends a transcoded
stream to the player.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
aldeb
2016-04-02 07:10:14 UTC
Ok, now it's clear! Thanks a lot for your precious support!
Do you know if SB developers are working on a firmware upgrade to
support HLS?

bpa
2016-04-02 08:07:58 UTC
Post by aldeb
Ok, now it's clear! Thanks a lot for your precious support!
Do you know if SB developers are working on a firmware upgrade to
support HLS?
I don't know of any HLS development for Radio/Touch. You don't need a PC
to run LMS, LMS can run on a small low power credit card computer such
as a Raspberry Pi or Odroid usually for less than €50.

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=105052
aldeb
2016-04-04 21:37:06 UTC
Ok, copied all! Thanks again for your support!