SB4: The 'Duet' is here
smcint
2008-01-05 21:32:46 UTC
See the news on gizmodo

http://gizmodo.com/341045/logitech-makes-grab-at-sonos-audience-with-squeezebox-duet

Edit: I want one.. but how does it sounds? Is the DAC etc. the same as
the SB3?
--
smcint
smcint's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=13188
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
vrobin
2008-01-05 21:44:42 UTC
I think it's a SB3 without the VFD so it should be the same dac (if
logitech didn't decide to cut off price in this field, but i don't
think so).

I wonder if it will be available at CES, i'll be glad to get back with
one in my suitcase :)
--
vrobin
vrobin's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11705
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
Nostromo
2008-01-05 22:28:36 UTC
Logitech® Squeezebox™ Duet Network Music Player
Listen to the music you love in any room in your home
*Shipping: January 2008*
www.logitech.com
Mmmm, some people here seem to think that the Jive remote isn't ready
for prime time yet.

And maybe its just the picture, but the new Squeezebox looks quite
plain.
--
Nostromo
Nostromo's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=6322
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
Richie
2008-01-05 22:30:14 UTC
There are a few more pictures here:

http://www.softwareheadlines.com/modules/planet/view.article.php/248311
--
Richie
Richie's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=88
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
bonze
2008-01-05 22:59:16 UTC
http://www.ubergizmo.com/zoom.php?dir=2008/1/logitech-squeezebox-duet/
--
bonze

TranquilPC T2-WHS-A3 - SqueezeCenter Version: 7.0 - 15861 - Windows
Server 2003 - EN - cp1252
QNAP TS-101 (2.1.1 build 0827T) - SlimServer 6.5.4
3 x wireless SB3
bonze's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=6150
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
amcluesent
2008-01-05 22:31:10 UTC
the new Squeezebox looks quite plain<
The illustration looks more like a CAD rendering.
--
amcluesent
amcluesent's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10286
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
Pat Farrell
2008-01-05 23:09:25 UTC
Post by amcluesent
The illustration looks more like a CAD rendering.
There are lots of photos of the controller on the Jive forum.

Making a SB without a display is not much of a challenge.
--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/
mkozlows
2008-01-05 22:32:29 UTC
So, it's just like my SB2, except that I can't look at the screen to see
what's playing and can't use the regular universal remote with it?

I dunno. Maybe if I decide to build a good bedside headphone system
it'd be useful, but otherwise it's actually less useful than an SB2/3.
I wonder if Logitech is going to keep the current model around?
--
mkozlows
mkozlows's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=62
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
Marc Sherman
2008-01-05 22:38:31 UTC
Post by mkozlows
I dunno. Maybe if I decide to build a good bedside headphone system
it'd be useful, but otherwise it's actually less useful than an SB2/3.
I wonder if Logitech is going to keep the current model around?
I suspect that the fact that they're calling it "Duet" and not "4" is
pretty telling about their plans in that regard.

- Marc
Pat Farrell
2008-01-05 23:11:00 UTC
Post by Nostromo
Mmmm, some people here seem to think that the Jive remote isn't ready
for prime time yet.
Apple has shown that software can be tweaked and improved after release.

This is the beauty of the whole Squeeze world, open source server. The
Jive remote's code is open source, written in Lua
Bill Burns
2008-01-05 22:39:33 UTC
Post by smcint
See the news on gizmodo
http://gizmodo.com/341045/logitech-makes-grab-at-sonos-audience-with-squeezebox-duet
Edit: I want one.. but how does it sounds? Is the DAC etc. the same as
the SB3?
Will the hand controller run existing Squeezeboxes? And if so, will it
be available separately?
--
Bill Burns
Long Island NY USA
http://ftldesign.com
Nostromo
2008-01-05 22:41:12 UTC
I believe so, yes.
SuperQ
2008-01-05 23:01:20 UTC
Post by Bill Burns
Will the hand controller run existing Squeezeboxes? And if so, will it
be available separately?
Yes, I have been beta testing it for a while now. The remote should
work with all squeezeboxes back to the slimp3 afaik. Although I only
have SB2 and newer to test myself.

Don't know if it will be sold as standalone or not.
--
SuperQ
SuperQ's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=2139
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
Michael Herger
2008-01-05 23:17:05 UTC
Post by Bill Burns
Will the hand controller run existing Squeezeboxes?
The Controller will control any player connected to SqueezeCenter, be it
hard- or software.

Michael
PSSO
2008-01-05 23:33:33 UTC
Post by Michael Herger
Post by Bill Burns
Will the hand controller run existing Squeezeboxes?
The Controller will control any player connected to SqueezeCenter, be it
hard- or software.
Michael
Can the remote be bought separately? (already have the Transporter)
--
PSSO
PSSO's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11678
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
mrfantasy
2008-01-05 23:34:19 UTC
I'd guess controllers separately are going to be $150-$200 if they sell
them.

Love to know if the Duet station is just an SB3 without the display and
a new case. Is that a bona fide power switch on the front?
Interesting.
--
mrfantasy

--Mike
mrfantasy's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1127
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
marlowe
2008-01-05 23:45:08 UTC
According to this site
http://www.hifi.nl/nieuws/39269/Logitech_Squeezebox_Duet_Network_System.html

"The Logitech Squeezebox duet network music system are according to the
expectations in the middle of January available for a shop recommended
retail price of 399.99 euro. Additional recipients are available for a
shop recommended retail price of 149.99 euro. Loose controller are as
from January available for the shop recommended retail price of 299.99
euro." (Translation from Dutch by Bablefish)

I think the controller is a bit expensive... At 149 I probably wouldn't
hessitate for long (got the Transporter). I will at twice the price.
--
marlowe
marlowe's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12398
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
marlowe
2008-01-06 00:07:07 UTC
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_controller.html
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_duet.html
http://www.slimdevices.com/pi_receiver.html

So USD299 it is...
mvalera
2008-01-06 00:14:54 UTC
God Gizmodo apparently can't tell the difference between 4PM PST and
EST... *sigh*!

Guys PLEASE quit calling it the SB4, the code name was Jive (crazy
huh?).

Mike
--
mvalera

Michael Valera
Online Communities Manager
Logitech Streaming Media Systems
slimdevices.com
mvalera's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11086
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805
bigfool1956
2008-01-06 00:17:53 UTC
The controller on its own is flipping expensive.

The duet deal seems a much better bet, assuming you want another SB.
--
bigfool1956

David Ayers
Music is what counts, hifi just helps us enjoy it more
bigfool1956's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=13782
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=41805