ANN: Orange Squeeze 1.3.0 released!
db122
2012-12-05 15:01:14 UTC
I'm pleased to announce the release of version 1.3.0 of Orange Squeeze,
our Android remote control for Logitech Media Server Squeezebox
devices.

Google Play:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.orangebikelabs.orangesqueeze

or

SlideME: http://slideme.org/application/orange-squeeze

or

AndroidPIT:
http://www.androidpit.com/en/android/market/apps/app/com.orangebikelabs.orangesqueeze/Orange-Squeeze

If you discover bugs or features that you would like to see, please file
them at http://www.orangebikelabs.com/trac/orangesqueeze.

The app is still only $2.99.

Also, big thanks to everyone who downloaded and tested the Orange
Squeeze Preview release. This open beta program was a huge help for us!

db122's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=4076
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
db122
2012-12-05 15:03:17 UTC
What's next? In all likelihood, a few bug fix releases. I hope not
"emergency" ones, but this is the first time a lot of people will be
using 1.3.0. We will try to keep the preview builds up-to-date at the
same time.

fphredd
2012-12-05 15:13:58 UTC
So, I should go back to using the 'orginal' orange squeeze that I
purchased instead of the beta version?

fphredd's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33133
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
db122
2012-12-05 15:25:08 UTC
Post by fphredd
So, I should go back to using the 'orginal' orange squeeze that I
purchased instead of the beta version?
Great question -- you can do whatever you like.

If you want to take a break from having both installed, feel free to do
so and stick with the non-preview release. For at least a few weeks, the
releases will be pretty much functionally identical. The preview release
*may* get non-critical bug fixes a bit earlier.

Peter Galbavy
2012-12-06 14:34:23 UTC
I installed this update recently. The new download feature is great but
not up to the same standard as the Squeezecommander - but using the
Android download manager is a nice touch.#

Things missing for me, and these are probably on your list, are:

1. Download path customisation (I use a BASE/Artist/Album/ type tree)
2. Download single files
3. Ability to cancel some/all of the downloads directly from the app

Having a "Compilations" or "VA" intelligence built in for those
downloaded tracks that have a COMPILATION metadata tag is also a
strongly desirable feature :)

Thanks for the work!

Peter Galbavy's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=32718
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
db122
2012-12-06 14:50:06 UTC
Post by Peter Galbavy
1. Download path customisation (I use a BASE/Artist/Album/ type tree)
Yeah, I understand where you're coming from and I knew someone would
mention it right away. Downloading tracks is a mostly secondary (even
tertiary) function of the app. There are many free id3 tagger/renamers
for Android that would do a better job than we ever could in organizing
your files. I would suggest that you download tracks to a folder of your
choice (that is customizable) and then use the taggers to get them
exactly how you want. Or, certainly keep using SqueezeCommander for
those purposes.

Most people will rely on apps like Google Play or other tag-based apps,
so the filenames themselves are irrelevant.
Post by Peter Galbavy
2. Download single files
You can deselect the files you don't want to download -- I intended to
add a select all/deselect all from the cataloged list of downloads. You
can also select a single file and download it from music folder, can't
you?
Post by Peter Galbavy
3. Ability to cancel some/all of the downloads directly from the app
Yes, just didn't make the cut for this release.

Thanks for the feedback!

kidstypike
2012-12-06 14:57:00 UTC
You can also select a single file and download it from music folder,
can't you?
Must be broken, if I select a single track to download, I just see
"Download 0 track(s)".

kidstypike's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10436
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
db122
2012-12-06 14:59:04 UTC
Post by kidstypike
Must be broken, if I select a single track to download, I just see
"Download 0 track(s)".
Sounds like it's broken to me.

db122
2012-12-06 16:37:00 UTC
I know there are lots of programmers in the crowd, I think we can all
agree that this is pretty accurate. We truly are terrible, but only
because we're human. So, I apologize in advance when one of these comes
out of my [virtual] mouth. :-)

https://plus.google.com/102786751626732213960/posts/XTNGXUDAjmJ

garym
2012-12-06 17:13:34 UTC
Post by db122
I know there are lots of programmers in the crowd, I think we can all
agree that this is pretty accurate. We truly are terrible, but only
because we're human. So, I apologize in advance when one of these comes
out of my [virtual] mouth. :-)
https://plus.google.com/102786751626732213960/posts/XTNGXUDAjmJ
and these mostly work as the top 20 responses to posts for help on this
forum too. (and I plead guilty to several of them!)

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
db122
2012-12-07 04:27:08 UTC
Both in preview and non-preview forms, the 1.3.1 release is out.

This just fixes a few higher profile bugs, including one that was
keeping many fresh installs from working properly.

defects fixed

- Dreaded "Connecting to Server" hang at startup. Sorry!
- Visual cleanups.
- Can now download individual tracks.
- Several reported crashes.

slimhase
2012-12-08 10:09:15 UTC
Hi;
when I used Orange Squeeze, I had the problem that in the pop-up
windows, no text was visible.
(When I tapped on the area of the non-visible Text, the related funktion
was activated. So it is really only the text that is missing...)
What do I mean by pop-up w?
For example in the Player menue: When I tab on the little triangle on
the right side for one of the players, a context menue pops up (the pop
up window).
That window has a head line listing the player ('On: xyz-Playername')
and underneath there are lines, subdividing tasks - but no text is
visible for me. But when I tab the 1st, the synchronize options appear
(with all text visible).
On the last line, a faint small 'zzz' is visible - no further text,
leading to the snooze option
Note: I am running OZ on an e-ink (b&w) device - a rooted Barnes&Noble
Nook Touch running Android 2.1.
Is there a way to fix this?
Heiner
Hi db122; any chance to work on this?
I checked the 2 themes you provided, but the issue is present on both of
them......
Anyway I can help?
(Although I am a quite ignorant user / non-programmer...)

All the best,
Heiner

slimhase's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31958
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
losAntonis
2012-12-12 13:34:17 UTC
I have a little Question/wish.
I own a Squeezebox touch for my music. The Orange Squeeze is installed
on an Android MP3-Player.
Recently I bought a Popcorn Hour Player for my Videos. This Device can
also handle Music, even as a UPNP Client.
With an app called iMediaShare I would be able (but not paracticable
enough) to stream Music from my NAS to the poppy.
When I "played" with these devices I was asking myself if it would be
possible to stream the music you are currently hearing (on Touch,
Squeezeplayer etc) to an UPNPClients as well, like iMediaShare does???
Just an idea?

losAntonis's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=49642
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
toby10
2012-12-12 13:50:49 UTC
...... if it would be possible to stream the music you are currently
hearing (on Touch, Squeezeplayer etc) to an UPNPClients as well, like
iMediaShare does???
Nope. UPnP/DLNA is far too simplistic & limited to be a part of (i.e.
Sync'd with) SB players. In fact, I'm not aware of UPnP/DLNA certified
clients even being capable of Syncing to other UPnP/DLNA clients. But
then, I don't bother with DLNA as that is why I have SB players, so
maybe there is some roundabout method to Sync DLNA clients to each
other, dunno.

toby10's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12553
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
db122
2012-12-12 22:10:53 UTC
Post by slimhase
Hi db122; any chance to work on this?
I checked the 2 themes you provided, but the issue is present on both of
them......
I'm working on a solution for this. Thanks for your patience!

slimhase
2012-12-13 15:07:41 UTC
Post by db122
I'm working on a solution for this. Thanks for your patience!
Great! Thanks, db122.
Now I will keep my piehole shut and wait.....
:-)

db122
2012-12-13 15:44:47 UTC
Post by slimhase
Great! Thanks, db122.
Now I will keep my piehole shut and wait.....
:-)
Please, keep your piehole filled with pie. Tis the season. Are you using
the preview builds? Any fix will make it's appearance there first.

TheLastMan
2012-12-14 18:13:52 UTC
I am probably being totally dense and missing the blindingly obvious,
but I cannot find a button for the "+" context menu anywhere?

This is available on the browser interface, the hardware Controller and
Squeeze Commander but I cannot find it on Orange Squeeze. It is a
notable absentee on the official app and it is the only reason why,
despite its horribly un-intuitive user interface, that I continue to use
Squeeze Commander.

TheLastMan's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=16021
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467
kidstypike
2012-12-14 18:19:10 UTC
Post by TheLastMan
I am probably being totally dense and missing the blindingly obvious,
but I cannot find a button for the "+" context menu anywhere?
This is available on the browser interface, the hardware Controller and
Squeeze Commander but I cannot find it on Orange Squeeze. It is a
notable absentee on the official app and it is the only reason why,
despite its horribly un-intuitive user interface, that I continue to use
Squeeze Commander.
Just press and hold for a second or two on any Artist, Album, Track, or
Album art.

pippin
2012-12-14 18:34:42 UTC
It is a notable absentee on the official app
BTW: you can get that menu in the official App, too. The same way as in
OrangeSqueeze. And indeed also in SqueezeCommander. And on the
Squeezebox Touch :) And in iPeng (that's where it originates from, I
believe).

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=97467