Logitech Media Server 7.7.3 released
Supertramp
2013-08-22 17:08:01 UTC
:cool: Excellent news, Michael. :cool:

Supertramp's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=30362
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Corelli45
2013-08-22 17:34:24 UTC
Does this mean you'll eventually release 7.8?

Corelli45's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=55246
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-08-22 21:34:46 UTC
> Does this mean you'll eventually release 7.8?

No.

Michael
nonnoroger
2013-08-23 06:46:45 UTC
mherger wrote:
> > Does this mean you'll eventually release 7.8?
>
> No.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Have been happily using 7.8 for a while now. Are the Mavericks changes
being carried over or will I have to use 7.7.3?

nonnoroger's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35581
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-08-23 12:42:41 UTC
> Have been happily using 7.8 for a while now. Are the Mavericks changes
> being carried over or will I have to use 7.7.3?

7.8 should be fully up to date. I often test changes in 7.8 before
back-porting them to 7.7.

Michael
danco
2013-08-23 06:58:39 UTC
mherger wrote:
> > Does this mean you'll eventually release 7.8?
>
> No.
>
> --
>
> Michael

Does that "No" mean that you won't be releasing 7.8 or just that the
release of 7.7.3 does not carry with it any definite decision about 7.8?

danco's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=210
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-08-23 12:45:39 UTC
>> > Does this mean you'll eventually release 7.8?
>>
>> No.
>
> Does that "No" mean that you won't be releasing 7.8 or just that the
> release of 7.7.3 does not carry with it any definite decision about 7.8?

It means "No" to the question: releasing 7.7.3 does not mean Logitch will
eventually release 7.8. Don't read too much into this release. It's just
what it is: 7.7.3. Anything beyond that the future will tell.

Michael
erland
2013-08-22 18:07:36 UTC
mherger wrote:
> We just released version 7.7.3 of the Logitech Media Server software.
> This is a minor update with most important changes for OSX users

Excellent work, fixes several issues that have been a bit frustrating to
me personally.

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
You may also want to try my Android apps 'Squeeze Display'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.squeezedisplay)
and 'RSS Photo Show'
(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=info.isaksson.rssphotoshow)
*Interested in the future of music streaming ? 'ickStream - A world of
music at your fingertips'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98467-Pre-Announcement-ickStream&p=743516)*.
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
dewinkle
2013-08-22 18:33:03 UTC
mherger wrote:
> Who would have thought?... We just released version 7.7.3 of the
> Logitech Media Server software. This is a minor update with most
> important changes for OSX users:

Great!!! Thanks so much keeping this software alive and evolving!

dewinkle's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11447
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Apesbrain
2013-08-22 18:54:16 UTC
I noticed there is also a fab4_7.7.3 firmware but it wouldn't install
for me.

http://update.slimdevices.com/update/firmware/7.7.3/

Does it include anything essential for this release? Thanks.

Apesbrain's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=738
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Adjunkten
2013-08-22 19:16:50 UTC
Long live Squeezebox!

Is this release "safe" on Classic and Boom? No UE stuff?

Setup: 1 SB Classic, 1 Boom,(+ 4 laptops and a HTC Desire with
Squeezeplay)
Server: Sheevaplug Squeezeplug 3.50 and SBS 7.6.0 - r32461
http://www.last.fm/user/adjunkten
Adjunkten's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31690
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
garym
2013-08-22 19:27:36 UTC
Adjunkten wrote:
> Long live Squeezebox!
>
> Is this release "safe" on Classic and Boom? No UE stuff?

It's completely unrelated to UE.

*Location 1:* VortexBox Appliance 4TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Transporter,
Touch, Boom, Radio w/Battery (all ethernet)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.7 on Win7(64) laptop
Ripping (FLAC) - dbpoweramp, Tagging - mp3tag, Spotify
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Adjunkten
2013-08-22 19:33:30 UTC
garym wrote:
> It's completely unrelated to UE.

Cheers, garym. I'll have a go then.

norderney
2013-08-22 19:47:48 UTC
I've just installed the latest update too. What a nice surprise.

Transporter (Black) > Cyrus 8XPd QX > B&W CDM1NT Speakers

CD/HDD Recorder: Alesis Masterlink ML-9600

http://www.last.fm/user/norderney1962
norderney's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=378
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
grifforama
2013-08-24 12:02:15 UTC
Even with this update, playlists still do not work in the ITunes plugin
? Will this ever be fixed ?

grifforama's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11239
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Pascal Hibon
2013-09-01 15:37:45 UTC
grifforama wrote:
> Even with this update, playlists still do not work in the ITunes plugin
> ? Will this ever be fixed ?

What do you mean with -playlists still do not work-?
I'm currently on 7.7.2 and playlists work just fine.

1 x SB3, 1 x SB Boom, 1 x SB Radio and 2 x SB Touch - all wireless
1 x Wandboard behind the bedroom ceiling
ReadyNAS NVX running LMS 7.7.2. w iTunes plugin
iPeng on iPod Touch.
SqueezePad & iPeng on iPad.
http://www.last.fm/user/phibon
Pascal Hibon's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7969
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
cuberob
2013-09-02 20:54:28 UTC
This update surprised me today, but awesome work, thanks!!

[url=http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?97441-ANNOUNCE-AutoSqueeze-(Android-Tasker-Locale-plugin)]Automatically
control your Squeezebox![url]
cuberob's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=51034
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
scz
2013-08-25 10:27:59 UTC
I updated from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3 on Win7 and all my players vanished - not
something I have seen before in updating over quite a few years.
Interestingly, softsqueeze running on the LMS pc worked fine, but
neither of my squeezeboxes nor Orange Squeeze trying to register as a
controller could see the server at all. I have reverted to 7.7.2 which
instantly picked up all the devices and is working fine.

Not a major problem for me - 7.7.2 works well and I have no need to
update, but a bit curious about what might be going on.

scz's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=61079
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
artmaltman
2013-10-16 13:19:35 UTC
Greetings! Thank you for the ongoing interest and support!

Question: My server (MacBook Pro) has LMS v7.7.3 which I think is
latest official version from Logitech.

My MacBook Air has v7.8. Is this a beta? Or did one of the former
Squeezebox programmers do this?

Are the servers diverging in functionality, quality, etc.
What are pro's and con's of these two versions?
What's the story?

Thank you!
Art

artmaltman's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=37856
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
garym
2013-10-16 13:20:23 UTC
7.8 is logitech beta.

*Location 1:* VortexBox (2.2) > LMS 7.8 > Transporter, Touch, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Location 2:* VBA 3TB (2.2) > LMS 7.7.2 > Touch > Benchmark DAC I, Boom,
Radio w/Battery (all ethernet except Radio)
*Office:* Win7(64) > LMS 7.8 > SqueezePlay
*Spares:* VBA 4TB, SB3, Touch (3), Radio (3), CONTROLLER
*Controllers:* iPhone4S (iPeng), iPad2 (iPengHD & SqueezePad),
CONTROLLER, or SqueezePlay 7.8 on Win7(64) laptop
Michael Herger
2013-10-16 13:48:07 UTC
> 7.8 is logitech beta.

While that's technically true, there are no plans to ever officially
release 7.8. It's the community branch.

Michael
Michael Herger
2013-10-16 13:54:43 UTC
> Question: My server (MacBook Pro) has LMS v7.7.3 which I think is
> latest official version from Logitech.

Correct.

> My MacBook Air has v7.8. Is this a beta? Or did one of the former
> Squeezebox programmers do this?

I'm still a Logitech employee :-).

> Are the servers diverging in functionality, quality, etc.

7.8 has some improvements which are not in 7.7.x (yet). 7.7.x mostly gets
bug fixes and changes to keep up with new platforms (eg. OSX 10.9).

Some of the changes in 7.8 have slightly experimental character (eg.
in-built image proxy, new podcast implementation etc. - to make LMS less
dependent on mysb.com), as well as improvements which are not strictly
bugs in 7.7 (some performance tweaks). Some of these changes later make it
to the official 7.7 branch.

> What are pro's and con's of these two versions?

7.7.3 - stable, little changes (7.7.2 was there as the latest and greatest
for more than a year). Official support (if this can be considered a pro
is questionable, but some like it).

7.8.0 - is the latest and greatest, with some nice additions, but at the
risk of being broken every now and then. It's pretty stable in general.
And it's in eternal beta mode (for those who care).

> What's the story?

Oh, that's too long for this posting...

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-20 15:25:09 UTC
I tried to install 7.7.3, but it says it requires 10.5.
Will 10.4.11 support be coming?
thanks

jeffstake's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=32260
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
jeffstake
2013-10-20 15:31:19 UTC
Just to name a couple,
1, When I tell it to rescan, it never stops.
2, I cannot control the location of the playlists.
3, It puts new playlists in the .Trash folder.

Michael Herger
2013-10-21 10:58:11 UTC
> I tried to install 7.7.3, but it says it requires 10.5.
> Will 10.4.11 support be coming?

No. 10.4 support is dead. You can stick with 7.7.2 and disable the update
mechanism if you want to continue to use 10.4. The biggest changes in
7.7.3 were actually adding support for 10.9 (which caused removal of 10.4
compatibility as a side-effect).

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-21 16:30:19 UTC
Thanks for the reply.
Is there some older version that works better? Or is there a way to fix
these bugs? (These are really serious problems for me.)
1, When I tell it to rescan, it never stops.
2, I cannot control the location of the playlists. It is stuck on
".Trash/Playlists", which is a location I cannot even find. In the
"library" tab, I hit "browse" and find the location and hit "open". it
displays the right location, then I go to rescan, return to the library
tab and it has reverted to .Trash
3, It never stops saying "the server is starting", and never offers the
option to "stop server".

Michael Herger
2013-10-21 16:37:35 UTC
> Is there some older version that works better? Or is there a way to fix
> these bugs? (These are really serious problems for me.)

What platform are you using?

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-21 17:02:01 UTC
Many thanks for the reply!
I am using OSX 10.4.11, but I just ordered DVDs of 10.5.6, which I
should get in a week. 10.5 is the highest that my iBook G4 can possibly
go, so I will have reached the limit if I do that install.
At that point I hope I can install 7.7.3, and I hope that stops the
pain.
Would you advise me to try to fix my current installation, 10.4.11, or
to try the upgrade to 10.5.6? (The upgrade will of course take some time
for me to install, so I do not want to go through that if I will end up
in the same spot and have wasted my time.)
I use this iBook only for logitech media server, nothing else.
thanks again!
jeff

Michael Herger
2013-10-21 17:22:16 UTC
> I am using OSX 10.4.11, but I just ordered DVDs of 10.5.6, which I
> should get in a week. 10.5 is the highest that my iBook G4 can possibly
> go, so I will have reached the limit if I do that install.

7.7.3 does no longer run on PowerPC either, I'm sorry to say. I must admit
that I forgot to add this to the changelog...

As I said before: stick with 7.7.2 or whatever you had before. Unless you
had serious other issues which are supposed to be fixed in 7.7.3

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-21 18:00:59 UTC
ouch. There goes $40 down the tubes.
As I said, 7.7.2 is not working well at all. Maybe I am doing something
wrong, but I cannot fix any of the bugs above, including changing the
location of the playlists.
jeff

jeffstake
2013-10-21 18:16:53 UTC
Maybe I should ask a very specific question. I am using 7.7.2 on a G4
with 10.4.11. When I want to change the location of the playlists, I go
to "library", then next to the playlist location I hit "browse" then I
go to my attached usb drive and click on the "playlist" folder, then hit
"open". What is the next step after that? [there is no "apply" button"]
jeff

Roland0
2013-10-21 18:45:31 UTC
jeffstake wrote:
> Maybe I should ask a very specific question. I am using 7.7.2 on a G4
> with 10.4.11. When I want to change the location of the playlists, I go
> to "library", then next to the playlist location I hit "browse" then I
> go to my attached usb drive and click on the "playlist" folder, then hit
> "open". What is the next step after that? [there is no "apply" button"]

15242

|Filename: lmspref.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15242|

[ extGUI4LMS - an alternative web interface: 'forum'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?98186-Announce-Alternative-Web-Interface-(beta))
/ 'homepage' (http://code.google.com/p/extgui4lms/) ]
Roland0's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=56808
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
jeffstake
2013-10-21 19:08:19 UTC
Thank you Roland0, for that screen shot, and for trying to help me!
But I have 7.7.2, because 7.7.3 will not work on my iBook G4.
7.7.2., in my installation at least, does not have the "apply" button
that appears on your screenshot.
jeff

jeffstake
2013-10-21 19:15:19 UTC
I have never used the web GUI. I will try to figure out how to do that.

Michael Herger
2013-10-21 20:38:12 UTC

http://localhost:9000/ on that machine.

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-21 22:19:09 UTC
When I try that, it says
"Safari can't open the page "localhost:9000" because Safari can't
connect to the server "local host"."

Michael Herger
2013-10-22 04:09:34 UTC
> When I try that, it says
> "Safari can't open the page "localhost:9000" because Safari can't
> connect to the server "local host"."

Ok, in the prefpane, "Advanced" tab there's a "Web Remote Control" button.
Pick that one.

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-23 01:06:21 UTC
Thanks Michael!

jeffstake
2013-10-23 14:03:41 UTC
Since I cannot update to 7.7.3, what are the steps in 7.7.2 I need to
take to prevent the notices each day that there is a new version
available?

toby10
2013-10-23 14:18:37 UTC
LMS > Settings > Advanced > Software Updates > Do not check & Do not
download

toby10's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=12553
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-10-23 14:22:05 UTC
> Since I cannot update to 7.7.3, what are the steps in 7.7.2 I need to
> take to prevent the notices each day that there is a new version
> available?

Settings/Advanced/Software updates: disable checks etc. Then go to LMS'
cache folder (can be found in Settings/Information) and remove installers
if there are any left.

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-23 15:45:22 UTC
This is weird. I looked there (localhost:9001/settings; advanced) before
I asked, and I do not see any update choices at all under the advanced
tab. All I get is choices about artwork and tag formats. I'll try to
take a photo of the screen and send it.

kidstypike
2013-10-23 16:05:02 UTC
jeffstake wrote:
> This is weird. I looked there (localhost:9001/settings; advanced) before
> I asked, and I do not see any update choices at all under the advanced
> tab. All I get is choices about artwork and tag formats. I'll try to
> take a photo of the screen and send it.

Did you click the dropdown box?

|Filename: Pic04.jpg |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=15247|

kidstypike
1xSB3 - 1xBoom - 1x(Squeezebox) Radio - 2xTouch
kidstypike's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=10436
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
jeffstake
2013-10-24 04:20:02 UTC
Bingo. That was it. Either I did not see the drop down button next to
"formatting" or I did not realize that the button would allow me to find
options other than formatting. I'm not very good at rooting around on my
iBook (obviously). It is a hand-me-down from my daughter and I use it
only for running LMS.
I still do not understand why it doesn't work right when I choose
automatic start upon boot or login, but that does not really matter. It
is working now and making beautiful music with my new Stirling Broadcast
speakers.
This squeezebox system is really pretty amazing, but everyone here knows
that.
Thank you all for your patience and support!!

Michael Herger
2013-10-24 04:26:56 UTC
> I still do not understand why it doesn't work right when I choose
> automatic start upon boot or login, but that does not really matter. It

Did you try a different option? And then go back? I've seen reports where
the very first time somehow didn't stick...

Michael
jweber
2013-10-24 19:47:06 UTC
mherger wrote:
> > I still do not understand why it doesn't work right when I choose
> > automatic start upon boot or login, but that does not really matter.
> It
>
> Did you try a different option? And then go back? I've seen reports
> where
> the very first time somehow didn't stick...

I'm having the same problem. When I turn it on, it creates a file
~/Library/LaunchAgents/UEMusicLibrary.plist. This tells it to start
"/Library/PreferencePanes/UEMusicLibrary.prefPane/Contents/server/ueml.pl".
But that file doesn't exist; the preference pane is called
Squeezebox.prefPane.

jweber's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=161
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-10-24 19:53:02 UTC
> I'm having the same problem. When I turn it on, it creates a file
> ~/Library/LaunchAgents/UEMusicLibrary.plist. This tells it to start
> "/Library/PreferencePanes/UEMusicLibrary.prefPane/Contents/server/ueml.pl".
> But that file doesn't exist; the preference pane is called
> Squeezebox.prefPane.

Did you install a "UE Media Library" build (10.0)? That's for the UE Smart
Radio, not for the Squeezebox

Better get rid of it and re-install LMS.

Michael
jeffstake
2013-10-26 07:00:01 UTC
Hi again.
Even after I have changed the settings so that it is not supposed to ask
me to update, it keeps doing so.
And, rescanning all files always results in a failure at some point.

toby10
2013-10-26 08:58:29 UTC
jeffstake wrote:
> Even after I have changed the settings so that it is not supposed to
> ask me to update, it keeps doing so....

The problem is that LMS already downloaded the update prior to your
turning updates off in LMS settings. You need to delete the contents of
the LMS update folder itself then reboot LMS. For a PC it is at (no
idea on a Mac): C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application
Data\Squeezebox\Cache\updates

jeffstake
2013-10-26 14:39:47 UTC
Thanks Toby10.
That makes sense. I'll look for that folder, although I am imagining now
that it is hidden and, as I said before, I'm not good at rooting around
on Macs. I find Windows boxes a lot easier to understand. [I will say
this for the iBook, however, the G4 hardware has lasted better than any
of my PCs. I just do not find the software intuitive.]

garym
2013-10-26 14:42:54 UTC
jeffstake wrote:
> Thanks Toby10.
> That makes sense. I'll look for that folder, although I am imagining now
> that it is hidden and, as I said before, I'm not good at rooting around
> on Macs. I find Windows boxes a lot easier to understand. [I will say
> this for the iBook, however, the G4 hardware has lasted better than any
> of my PCs. I just do not find the software intuitive.]

Go to LMS > Settings > Information tab and look at the bottom. It shows
the location of the cache folder on your system.

jeffstake
2013-10-26 15:04:44 UTC
For the benefit of the rare newbie like me, the update folder seems to
be at users/username/library/caches/squeezebox/update.
I've deleted the 7.7.3 dmg file and will hope that the update offers
cease.

I still have scanning problems, the first being that a scan often but
not always stops the LMS entirely, and the second occurring after
restarting LMS when the scan gets stuck "scanning new media files",
finding zero, and never stops, requiring that I abort it.

garym
2013-10-26 15:14:41 UTC
jeffstake wrote:
> For the benefit of the rare newbie like me, the update folder seems to
> be at users/username/library/caches/squeezebox/update.
> I've deleted the 7.7.3 dmg file and will hope that the update offers
> cease.
>
> I still have scanning problems, the first being that a scan often but
> not always stops the LMS entirely, and the second occurring after
> restarting LMS when the scan gets stuck "scanning new media files",
> finding zero, and never stops, requiring that I abort it.

have you "unticked" the pictures and videos in the Settings > Basic
Settings tab. And depending on the "power" of the machine running LMS,
you may find it lags/stops when scanning your music. I used to get a
bit of that when using low powered machines. But the scanning itself
didn't stop, only the LMS playing music or internet streams would stop
temporarily.

jeffstake
2013-10-21 22:27:30 UTC
Well, I tried doing something new. Instead of telling LMS to start LMS
upon boot or login, I told it to do nothing. Then, after reboot, I
started it manually. Now the stop button works, and it looks like I can
change the playlist. Maybe I just have to remember not to try to use any
automatic start feature. I hope that is the fix! (I have not tried
rescanning everything, which was impossible earlier.) And I hope I
remember that fix. Thanks to both of you for suggestions!
jeff

Roland0
2013-10-21 18:12:03 UTC
jeffstake wrote:

> 2, I cannot control the location of the playlists. It is stuck on
> ".Trash/Playlists", which is a location I cannot even find. In the
> "library" tab, I hit "browse" and find the location and hit "open". It
> displays the right location, then I go to rescan, return to the library
> tab and it has reverted to .Trash/Playlists..
Did you click "Apply" after changing the playlist location?
If yes:
- locate the Preferences Folder (in the WebGUI, go to
Settings->Information, e.g. something like
/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox/)
- shut down LMS
- edit the server.prefs file in the Preferences Folder with a text
editor. Look for a line like:

Code:
--------------------

playlistdir: /data/playlist

--------------------

and change it

Michael Herger
2013-08-22 21:33:42 UTC
> Long live Squeezebox!

Yes!

> Is this release "safe" on Classic and Boom? No UE stuff?

No UE stuff.

Michael
Michael Herger
2013-08-22 21:38:22 UTC
> I noticed there is also a fab4_7.7.3 firmware but it wouldn't install
> for me.

How does it fail?

Michael
gorman
2013-08-22 23:58:47 UTC
Thanks for keeping up support. I don't understand the 7.8 reply as
elsewhere I have seen work undergoing to solve slow New Music
performance.

gorman's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=56
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Apesbrain
2013-08-23 00:27:35 UTC
mherger wrote:
> > I noticed there is also a fab4_7.7.3 firmware but it wouldn't install
> > for me.
>
> How does it fail?l
I downloaded the firmware files, tried installing from USB, and received
an error: "There was a problem installing this update. Please try again
or contact support." Downloaded the files a second time and tried again
but still no luck.

widmark
2013-08-23 00:58:18 UTC
Been waiting for this for a long time, especially 64bit support, but I'm
also getting an error on installation saying "The installation failed.
The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.
Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

Any suggestions before I start emailing/calling support?

widmark's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=61054
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-08-23 12:41:47 UTC
> Been waiting for this for a long time, especially 64bit support, but I'm
> also getting an error on installation saying "The installation failed.
> The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.
> Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

What OS version are you running?

Michael
widmark
2013-08-24 04:50:58 UTC
mherger wrote:
> > been waiting for this for a long time, especially 64bit support, but
> i'm
> > also getting an error on installation saying "the installation
> failed.
> > the installer encountered an error that caused the installation to
> fail.
> > contact the software manufacturer for assistance."
>
> what os version are you running?
>
> --
>
> michael

osx 10.8.4

marsboer
2013-08-24 12:00:15 UTC
I see there is a .deb for Debian for download, but the repository at
debian.slimdevices.com is not updated. When will the repository get
7.7.3?

marsboer's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=18417
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
MikeWynneDub
2013-08-25 17:54:59 UTC
marsboer wrote:
> I see there is a .deb for Debian for download, but the repository at
> debian.slimdevices.com is not updated. When will the repository get
> 7.7.3?

I too would like to know the answer to this...

Thanks!

BTW, still love my SB.

Ubuntu Server 10.10 on home-build server > SC 7.5.3 > SB3 (Classic) >
Cambridge Audio DacMagic > PrimaLuna DiaLogue Two > Mission Elegante
E83s
MikeWynneDub's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7230
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
dzemke
2013-08-25 20:01:33 UTC
Hi there, I recently upgraded from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3. on an olderMac G5
tower system running OSX 10.5.8 and it no longer works. Does anyone
have any info on where I can find the previous versions? I'd like to
roll it back, but I can't find the old version of the software. I've
looked all over logitech.com, the Squeezebox Wiki and the support site
and I can't seem to find it.

dzemke's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=30318
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
garym
2013-08-25 20:10:50 UTC
dzemke wrote:
> Hi there, I recently upgraded from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3. on an olderMac G5
> tower system running OSX 10.5.8 and it no longer works. Does anyone
> have any info on where I can find the previous versions? I'd like to
> roll it back, but I can't find the old version of the software. I've
> looked all over logitech.com, the Squeezebox Wiki and the support site
> and I can't seem to find it.

all available here:

http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

Owen Smith
2013-09-10 17:46:06 UTC
garym wrote:
> all available here:
>
> http://downloads.slimdevices.com/

I always have copies of all the release files for the LMS release I'm
currently running and one or two previous stable ones. So even if the
plug is pulled on the downloads server, I have what I need.

7.7.3 claims to fix the thing that took me months to track down on my
WHS v1 box, the ever growing cache files. Now I just have to get round
to installing 7.7.3.

Owen Smith's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=42371
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
solarrdadd
2013-09-14 01:06:44 UTC
i've been runnint 7.7.2 on a win7 music server pc for months and just
got a message about an update for the program, it's possible it's 7.7.3;
should i upgrade or just stay with 7.7.2 as i've had no problems with
it?

i ask because i'm not sure if i really need to upgrade and i also
thought logitech gave up on this stuff a while ago so i'm wondering
where the update came from?

solarrdadd's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=56530
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
garym
2013-09-14 01:20:15 UTC
solarrdadd wrote:
> i've been runnint 7.7.2 on a win7 music server pc for months and just
> got a message about an update for the program, it's possible it's 7.7.3;
> should i upgrade or just stay with 7.7.2 as i've had no problems with
> it?
>
> i ask because i'm not sure if i really need to upgrade and i also
> thought logitech gave up on this stuff a while ago so i'm wondering
> where the update came from?

I haven't bothered. It's mostly things for macs. When I update it will
be to 7.8 beta as it does have some features I would like.

solarrdadd
2013-09-14 01:50:08 UTC
garym wrote:
> I haven't bothered. It's mostly things for macs. When I update it will
> be to 7.8 beta as it does have some features I would like.

thanks buddy, hope your doing well.

Schlunze
2013-09-26 21:50:05 UTC
Hello,

first of all, thank you for the update!!!!!

I've seen it today and updatet without any problems with Archlinux.
Is it possible to finally use newer versions of perl?

The Squeezebox is alive ... Great

Schlunze's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=61637
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-09-27 04:53:15 UTC
> I've seen it today and updatet without any problems with Archlinux.
> Is it possible to finally use newer versions of perl?

There are several discussions on this topic. 7.7.4: 5.16/32-bit, 7.8.x
5.18/64-bit are the latest and greatest available.

Michael
Schlunze
2013-09-27 07:18:49 UTC
mherger wrote:

> There are several discussions on this topic. 7.7.4: 5.16/32-bit, 7.8.x
>
> 5.18/64-bit are the latest and greatest available.

Thanks,

haven't looking over LMS topics quite a long time.
I will give the nightly 7.8 a try.

Danke
It's alive... Great

Michael Herger
2013-08-26 11:29:59 UTC
> Hi there, I recently upgraded from 7.7.2 to 7.7.3. on an olderMac G5
> tower system running OSX 10.5.8 and it no longer works.

How exactly does it fail? We tested against 10.5-10.9 successfully.

Michael
Michael Herger
2013-08-26 11:30:22 UTC
> I see there is a .deb for Debian for download, but the repository at
> debian.slimdevices.com is not updated. When will the repository get
> 7.7.3?

Will have to figure that one out... thanks for the heads up.

Michael
nikstra
2013-08-26 23:42:55 UTC
Releasenotes Version 7.7.3 - 2013-08-21 wrote:

> Bug Fixes:
> Artwork cache would grow forever

Does this fix shrink an existing overgrown cache during upgrade or does
it only prevent it from getting larger?

nikstra's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=21874
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-08-27 07:10:07 UTC
> Does this fix shrink an existing overgrown cache during upgrade or does
> it only prevent it from getting larger?

It doesn't shrink it, but it would re-use the now (internally) freed
space. If your file is large, then it might be worth deleting it while LMS
is shut down.

Michael
lrossouw
2013-08-28 20:46:58 UTC
Also tried upgrading via repository (debian) and did not find the new
version. This is they way I did it in the past.

Louis
'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)
lrossouw's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=3416
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-08-28 21:49:28 UTC
I'm sorry for the delay... there's a bit of a learning curve for me. This is one of the parts of a release I've never done. Any pointer would be greatly appreciated :-).

Michael

Giraff
2013-08-29 08:23:50 UTC
Thank you for some system improvement and this release.

My system automatic downloaded it and asked for the update to begin.
The update ran very smooth on a Windows 2008 R2 64bit server.

So job well done for this.

.. :: One Duet in living room, one Radio in bedroom and a Radio in
kitchen :: ..
.. :: Controller: HTC phones, iPhone 3GS, iPad and Logitech controller
:: ..
.. :: Logitech Media Server Version: 7.7.2 - r33893 @ HP ML110 Gen6 ::
..
Giraff's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31518
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
bert1e
2013-08-29 14:02:36 UTC
Just tried to do a yum update on my clearos box and no update available.
It appears to check
http://repos.slimdevices.com/yum/squeezecenter/release/ for a new RPM.

bert1e's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1419
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Mnyb
2013-08-29 14:47:44 UTC
bert1e wrote:
> Just tried to do a yum update on my clearos box and no update available.
> It appears to check
> http://repos.slimdevices.com/yum/squeezecenter/release/ for a new RPM.

You can use rpm instead , I do that out of habit since clarkconect it
works but maybe yum is the prefers way to do it these days.

I was not even aware of that you could use yum for LMS on clearos :) and
that there was a repo avaible.
Is there a way to get 7.8 this way .

sub.
Bedroom/Office: Boom
Kitchen: Touch + powered Fostex PM0.4
Misc use: Radio (with battery)
iPad1 with iPengHD & SqueezePad
(in storage SB3, reciever ,controller )

View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
mattyflac
2013-08-30 01:15:39 UTC
Thanks for the Update, Radio Artwork update is cool too.

mattyflac's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=61044
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
bert1e
2013-08-30 07:43:24 UTC
Mnyb wrote:
> You can use rpm instead , I do that out of habit since clarkconect it
> works but maybe yum is the prefers way to do it these days.
>
> I was not even aware of that you could use yum for LMS on clearos :) and
> that there was a repo avaible.
> Is there a way to get 7.8 this way .

I installed it by manually downloading the rpm and using yum
localinstall so upgraded all good.

I dont think there is a repo for 7.8 I looked in the testing and
unstable areas and they dont appear to be up to date or hold any 7.8
version.

jspamc
2013-08-31 15:05:03 UTC
It works great when the server is running on Windows 7, but I only get
the radio tower icon when I run on my old Windows XP server.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

jspamc's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=2711
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Prime Heretic
2013-09-01 14:43:04 UTC
Updates! - Long live LMS!

Was about to post asking about the status of the debian repository at
http://debian.slimdevices.com but I see someone already mentioned it on
page 3.

Presumably I can wait for the debian repository to be updated and don't
need to switch to manual updates going forward?

Prime Heretic's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=40168
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
marsboer
2013-09-06 07:25:17 UTC
mherger wrote:
> I'm sorry for the delay... there's a bit of a learning curve for me.
> This is one of the parts of a release I've never done. Any pointer would
> be greatly appreciated :-).
>
> Michael

So you are basically telling us that this is not documented or automated
by the person(s) doing this in the past? I think that is kind of funny
when thinking of all the previous releases in that repository :)

Michael Herger
2013-09-06 07:45:22 UTC
> So you are basically telling us that this is not documented or automated
> by the person(s) doing this in the past? I think that is kind of funny
> when thinking of all the previous releases in that repository :)

Excellent pointer: documentation! Thanks to our friends at NSA^h^h^h big G
I found some internal documentation which might help me getting up to
speed :-)

Michael
rickwookie
2013-09-28 12:38:01 UTC
mherger wrote:
> I'm sorry for the delay... there's a bit of a learning curve for me.
> This is one of the parts of a release I've never done. Any pointer would
> be greatly appreciated :-).
>
> MichaelSo... ...a month on, are we any closer to getting the 7.7.3 deb into the
repo?

rickwookie's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=6397
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
zordaz
2013-10-03 14:14:47 UTC
rickwookie wrote:
> So... ...a month on, are we any closer to getting the 7.7.3 deb into the
> repo?

I upgraded to 7.7.3 via the repo a few weeks ago, so this already is in
place. What goes wrong in your case?

zordaz's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=61726
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
GeeJay
2013-10-04 16:55:34 UTC
Thanks for the upgrade, Michael. I have been running 7.7.3 on OSX for
the past month, and it boots and runs flawlessly!

2-SB3s, 1-Duet, 1-Touch...and an iPeng convert.
GeeJay's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=11388
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Owen Smith
2013-10-05 11:06:12 UTC
GeeJay wrote:
> Thanks for the upgrade, Michael. I have been running 7.7.3 on OSX for
> the past month, and it boots and runs flawlessly!

After my initial problems with BBC iPlayer disappearing and re-appearing
(twice), 7.7.3 is working fine for me too. It's great to have a database
that doesn't keep growing endlessly.

shacky
2013-10-06 22:45:52 UTC
Thanks so much! My Touch is working great on new firmware!

shacky's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31313
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Michael Herger
2013-10-05 11:01:30 UTC
> So... ...a month on, are we any closer to getting the 7.7.3 deb into the
> repo?

Oh, I thought it was? Did you try again?

Michael
wotuzu17
2013-09-05 16:31:33 UTC
lrossouw wrote:
> Also tried upgrading via repository (debian) and did not find the new
> version. This is they way I did it in the past.

I'm also waiting for the updated repository.

wotuzu17's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=7376
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
widmark
2013-08-25 00:09:48 UTC
widmark wrote:
> osx 10.8.4

And now it worked. Not sure what took care of it.

Michael Herger
2013-08-23 12:41:10 UTC
> I downloaded the firmware files, tried installing from USB, and received
> an error: "There was a problem installing this update. Please try again
> or contact support." Downloaded the files a second time and tried again
> but still no luck.

Hmm... just leave it alone. Unless you get the new firmware offered
through LMS you shouldn't mess with it.

I'm currently traveling - will double-check about the 7.7.3 firmware once
I'm back at the office. But I don't think we did any change in the
firmware.

Michael
zebb
2013-09-04 16:09:13 UTC
mherger wrote:
> > I downloaded the firmware files, tried installing from USB, and
> received
> > an error: "There was a problem installing this update. Please try
> again
> > or contact support." Downloaded the files a second time and tried
> again
> > but still no luck.
>
> Hmm... just leave it alone. Unless you get the new firmware offered
> through LMS you shouldn't mess with it.
>
> I'm currently traveling - will double-check about the 7.7.3 firmware
> once
> I'm back at the office. But I don't think we did any change in the
> firmware.
>
> --
>
> Michael

I'm running Mac 10.8.4 (Mountain Lion), tried to install update 7.7.3,
would not install, stopped just over half way, window came up to stop
server, opened Preferences and unable to stop server. When I click on
Status it shows that the server is starting but it won't start and I"m
unable to stop server since it is trying to start. Tried about a dozen
times, no luck.

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

zebb's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=52271
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=99452
Corelli45
2013-08-23 12:09:32 UTC
No appears quite definite. I'm just curious as to why Logitech is
helping the community firm up the 7.8 beta.Do Logitech plan to release a
new product or will the LMS be handed over/sold to community developers
permanently for use in their own OS and hardware?The 7.8 appears to run
well on my own system so it must be near enough stable for release?

garym
2013-08-23 12:12:43 UTC
Corelli45 wrote:
> No appears quite definite. I'm just curious as to why Logitech is
> helping the community firm up the 7.8 beta.Do Logitech plan to release a
> new product or will the LMS be handed over/sold to community developers
> permanently for use in their own OS and hardware?The 7.8 appears to run
> well on my own system so it must be near enough stable for release?

I think the additional work on 7.8 is just Michael being helpful to our
community. And there is nothing to sell to anyone. My understanding is
that LMS is open source already. For example:

"Logitech Media Server is Open Source Software and written in Perl"
(from the wiki:

http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Logitech_Media_Server