[slim] [ANNOUNCE] SqueezeCommander 0.9 for Android
flattermann
2009-10-07 17:51:54 UTC
TODAY, I'M HAPPY TO PRESENT YOU THE FIRST RELEASE OF SQUEEZECOMMANDER!

SqueezeCommander is a new Android Remote Control app for your
SqueezeBoxes.
I've tried all available SqueezeBox apps on the Android market, but I
was not really happy with them.

So, I've finally decided to write my own! :-)

SqueezeCommander is now available on Android Market.

For more details and screenshots, please take a look at the
announcement in my blog: http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net

I hope you'll like it. Have a lot of fun!

KEY FEATURES:
* Automatical Server Discovery
* Support for password protected SqueezeBoxServers
* Now Playing screen with Artwork
* Fast incremental library browse
* Fast library search
* Music download to SD card
* Internet radio browse
* Multi-Player and Multi-Server support (inspired by iPeng :-) )
* MySqueezeBox.com support
* Active development

=== AUTOMATICAL SERVER DISCOVERY ===

When you start SqueezeCommander it searches for SqueezeBoxServers in
your local network and automatically establishes a connection to the
first available server.

If the auto-discovery fails, you can of course also enter a server
manually.

=== SUPPORT FOR PASSWORD PROTECTED SQUEEZEBOXSERVERS ===

SqueezeCommander supports password protected SqueezeBoxServers to
improve security.

=== NOW PLAYING SCREEN WITH ARTWORK ===

If you are connected to a Server and a Player, you will be redirected
to the Now Playing screen. This screen is the main view of
SqueezeCommander. It shows informations about the current song and the
artwork if available.

=== FAST INCREMENTAL LIBRARY BROWSE ===

SqueezeCommander is created with large music libraries in mind. It uses
a fast incremental library search, that should not slow down or block
the User Interface while browsing your library.

Furthermore, all library lists show a “FastScroll” area on the right to
scroll very fast through long lists (instead of “flinging” the screen
many, many times).

=== FAST LIBRARY SEARCH ===

You can search your library by Artist, by Album, by Track and so on.
For large Libraries, that would be hard work for your little mobile,
therefore SqueezeCommander delegates this task to the SqueezeBoxServer
for a pretty fast library search.

=== MUSIC DOWNLOAD TO SD CARD ===

Never leave your home without music!

You can now select single tracks, whole albums or even whole artists
and download them to your mobile’s SD card. After the download, they’ll
show up in your favorite Android music player app.

=== INTERNET RADIO BROWSE ===

You can browse through all radio stations around the world picked by
the SqueezBox staff.

Of course, you can also enter a custom Radio URL.
Multi-Player and Multi-Server support

=== SQUEEZCOMMANDER SUPPORTS MULTIPLE PLAYER AND MULTIPLE SERVERS. ===

The servers can be arranged in Sync Groups to play the same songs. You
can switch a player (or a complete Sync Group) to another server or to
MySqueezeBox.com.

=== MYSQUEEZEBOX.COM SUPPORT ===

You can switch your players to MySqueezeBox.com and control them
independently from your local SqueezeBoxServer. So you don’t need to
have your Server powered up 24/7 but you can still listen to your
favourite Internet Radio.

=== ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT ===

This is a very active project, so if you’ve found a bug or want to make
a request for enhancement, please open a ticket in my Bug Tracker.

I’m eager to squeeze existing bugs and implement new features, so
please take the chance and open a ticket. :-)

=== WHAT'S NEXT? ===
First, I would like to fix any remaining bugs - that's why I need your
help!

After that, the next features that I would like to implement are:
* Playlists
* Apps
* SqueezePlay/Jive Menus

[image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/nowplaying.jpg][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/albums_search.jpg][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/playerserver_synced.jpg][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/downloads.jpg]

--
flattermann
flattermann's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33169
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
Muggy
2009-10-08 01:22:17 UTC
Great work, I've been waiting for something like this for a while. I'll
give it a go and report back.

--
Muggy
Muggy's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=2258
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
Muggy
2009-10-09 01:33:18 UTC
I've had a brief play around with this now, first impressions are that
it is great. Does all the basics very well and is well suited to
controlling multiple players. I look forward to seeing how the app
develops in future - if you need a beta tester I'd be happy to help out.

flattermann
2009-10-09 09:41:55 UTC
Muggy;469434 Wrote:
> I've had a brief play around with this now, first impressions are that
> it is great. Does all the basics very well and is well suited to
> controlling multiple players. I look forward to seeing how the app
> develops in future - if you need a beta tester I'd be happy to help out.

Good to hear that you like it!

I would be happy to have you as a beta tester!
Please sign up at my tracker http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net/trac and
send me a short mail to sqcmdr-E3JYC0oj5Ec+***@public.gmane.org

If you have any ideas for new features or you've found a bug, please
open a ticket in the tracker, so that I cannot forget your request
anymore. ;-)

The app seems to be pretty stable (at least, I only got a single
CrashReport until now, see http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net/trac/ticket/5).

It was my biggest concern that the app may not be 100% stable on some
devices, because I did not have a large beta test with different Android
models.

After fixing this (rare) bug, I'll spend my time on new features.
I've already added some ideas to the tracker:
http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net/trac/report/1.
Feel free to comment the tickets...

Best regards,
Christian

flattermann
2009-10-10 15:37:58 UTC
I'M HAPPY TO PRESENT YOU SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.1.

It is now available in Android Market.

This is a bug fix release.

ISSUES FIXED:
* SqCmdr may crash with OutOfMemory when loading Artwork under certain
circumstances (See #5)
* Android 1.6 only: SqCmdr will crash when changing the Music Source of
a player (See #10)
* SqCmdr uses the wrong cache directory on SD card (See #12)
* You may (optionally) add your email to CrashReports (See #11)

You may see details of these issues in the Bug Tracker,
http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net/trac.

Have a lot of fun!

flattermann
2009-10-11 13:57:13 UTC
SEARCHING FOR BETA TESTERS

I'm currently searching for beta testers with the following
configuration:

* T-Mobile G1 with Android 1.5
* T-Mobile G1 with Android 1.6
* Any other device with Android 1.6

If you have such a device and are interested in beta testing, please
contact me at:
sqcmdr (AT) flattermann (DOT) net

Please tell me your Phone Model and Android Version in the mail.

It would be helpful (but not essential) if you have used the Android
Debugger (ADB) before.

What you should do as beta tester:
Test new SqueezeCommander features / releases and tell me any bugs that
you may encounter during the test.

superkonge
2009-10-12 16:51:27 UTC
Hi! I like the look of your program. The one that I use today is
colourless and boring, but I live in Norway and we can't buy pay apps
from android market. Can you put your program out on slideme.org too?
Its like android market, but avaible for everyone and you get paid:)

--
superkonge
superkonge's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=33506
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2009-10-12 20:48:07 UTC
superkonge;471169 Wrote:
> Hi! I like the look of your program. The one that I use today is
> colourless and boring, but I live in Norway and we can't buy pay apps
> from android market. Can you put your program out on slideme.org too?
> Its like android market, but avaible for everyone and you get paid:)

Hello, superkonge!

Ok, I'll take a look at slideme.org and see what I can do!

Until then, you can become a SqueezeCommander beta tester, if you
like.

If you are interested, please drop me a line at

flattermann
2009-10-19 17:23:57 UTC
I’M HAPPY TO PRESENT YOU SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.2.

It is now available in Android Market.

This new version includes several new features and many bug fixes.

It includes support for playlists, favorites and apps.
You can now play/rename/delete playlists and favorites, but not yet
save/edit playlists or add new favorites.

There is a new image view mode for Apps like flickr or the Queen photo
gallery.

The connection to MySqueeezeBox.com or your local SqueezeBoxServer
should be more reliable now.

NEW FEATURES:
* #1 Add playlists support
* #2 Add favorites support
* #3 Add Apps / Music Services support
* #22 Better support for images in radio / app items
* #8 Mute sound on call
* #21 Optionally keep the screen on
* #23 Change UI of the DownloadPage

ISSUES FIXED:
* #9 Crash: Notify ListViews of changes in Adapter
* #20 Downloads can block in background
* #24 Text input / search does not work correctly for Radios / Apps
* #28 Avoid MySqueezeBox.com problem with Apps
* #29 Connection to MySqueezeBox.com asks for user credentials if
'''any''' error occurs
* #14 Cover art is not correctly updated for Internet radio
* #17 Song position slider and total time does not update

You may see details of these issues in the Bug Tracker,
http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net/trac

Have a lot of fun!

Here are some screenshots of Flickr (1+2) and Napster (3+4):
[image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/flickr.jpg][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/flickr2.jpg][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/napster.jpg][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/gallery/squeezecommander/napster_context.jpg]

--
flattermann

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://sqcmdr.flattermann.net) - The
SqueezeBox Remote Control App for Android
flattermann
2009-10-22 17:14:47 UTC
I'M SEARCHING FOR 1 OR 2 BETA TESTERS WHO ARE USING A \"G1\" AS ANDROID
PHONE.
If you are interested, please drop me a line at: sqcmdr (AT)
flattermann (DOT) net

flattermann
2009-10-23 17:31:43 UTC
superkonge;471169 Wrote:
> Hi! I like the look of your program. The one that I use today is
> colourless and boring, but I live in Norway and we can't buy pay apps
> from android market. Can you put your program out on slideme.org too?
> Its like android market, but avaible for everyone and you get paid:)

AS REQUESTED, SQUEEZECOMMANDER IS NOW ALSO AVAILABLE ON SLIDEME.ORG:
http://slideme.org/application/squeeze-commander

Have fun!
Christian

flattermann
2009-11-06 16:16:03 UTC
Right now, I'm searching for new beta testers with these Android
devices:

- HTC Tattoo
- Motorola Milestone

If you are interested, please contact me at

testmatch
2009-11-14 20:25:36 UTC
Hi,

Having tried the three free applications on the Android Market, I
thought I'd try SqueezeCommander for 24 hours and decide if I wanted to
keep it or get the purchase refunded. Within 30 minutes of playing with
it I was hooked, and decided to keep it. It's a seriously impressive
application and runs wonderfully on my HTC Magic with Android 1.6.

It takes a little while to get used to, but it's so fast and powerful
that I felt I had to express my delight.

One thing that I'd like to see implemented is the option to have an
icon in the notification area to quickly return to the application when
it's running in the background. The free Squeezer has that, and is the
only feature of the others that I miss so far.

With at least three free and two paid-for applications available for
Android phones (and other devices), I think that means we Android &
Squeezebox users have the widest choice of any operating system!

Someone should do a comparative review of the options available to us.
I might have a go at that unless someone beats me to it in the next few
weeks.

John

--
testmatch
testmatch's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=30954
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-01-17 19:34:28 UTC
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:
After having a lot on my plate in the last weeks, I've got some free
time now and I'm currently working on the *next SqueezeCommander
release*.

The next version, 0.9.3, will primarily include *better support for
Android 1.6/2.x*.
This version will now also work on *HTC Tattoo*.

Furthermore, I'd like to improve the support of the new *Google Nexus
One* device.
If you own such a device, please drop me a line at
sqcmdr (AT) flattermann (DOT) net
so that I can send you a beta version of SqueezeCommander.

Stay tuned - and have a nice day!
Christian

flattermann
2010-01-17 19:39:56 UTC
testmatch;485451 Wrote:

> One thing that I'd like to see implemented is the option to have an
> icon in the notification area to quickly return to the application when
> it's running in the background. The free Squeezer has that, and is the
> only feature of the others that I miss so far.

The problem with the notification area is that this breaks a bit the
Android specs, because you need a special QUIT button to make this work.
(Otherwise, the app would always stay in the notification area)
But a QUIT button is not recommended in Android. You normally just
"leave" the program (e.g. by pressing the HOME button) and it stays in
the background until the memory is needed for another app.

But what about pressing the HOME key for a long time? :-)
This Android shortcut shows you a list of your recently used apps!
(I think this feature is *very* handy, but most people do not know
it...)

flattermann
2010-01-21 20:25:46 UTC
I'M HAPPY TO PRESENT YOU THE BRAND-NEW RELEASE OF SQUEEZECOMMANDER.

This release fixes some known problems / crashes and also includes some
nice new features.

It's the first SqueezeCommander release that *supports the new low
resolution Android phones like the HTC Tattoo*. Also, the support for
high resolution phones (e.g. the *Google Nexus One*) is improved.

Starting with this release, you can use *MyApps and the AppGallery*
with SqueezeCommander!
This allows the use of many more Apps than before, like e.g. Shoutcast,
RadioIO, radio.de...

Besides the already implemented Lower-Volume-On-Calls feature, you can
now also configure SqueezeCommander to *pause* the playback on incoming
calls. :)

Have a lot of fun!

And remember:
If you find any bugs or want to request a new feature, please do this
in the Tracker at:
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac

[image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/mainmenu_apps.png][image:
http://www.flattermann.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/appgallery.png]

flattermann
2010-01-25 10:37:40 UTC
I’VE JUST UPLOADED SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.3.1 TO THE ANDROID MARKET AND TO
SLIDEME.ORG.

Version 0.9.3.1 is mostly a maintenance release that fixes some bugs
found in version 0.9.3.

The download window will now show more infos about the current download
(speed/ETA). Furthermore, you now have the option to configure the
download path and filename format on your SD card for Music downloads
from your server.

If you like Squeeze Commander, please give me a good rating.

If you find any bug/problem, please report it in the SqueezeCommander
Tracker (http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac) so that I can fix it
ASAP.

local.bin
2010-01-26 15:40:54 UTC
Hi there

Tried your app some time ago and had a few issues, bugs and overlapping
graphics on screens etc.

Overall a good app, so I have purchased again, this time for good, as
you seem to be actively developing :)

Thanks for your hard work and here's to hoping for some nice updates in
the future.

Would be great to get the app appearing as a device within the
squeezebox device selection!

All the best.

--
local.bin
local.bin's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22053
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
hunta
2010-01-28 11:16:08 UTC
I've just bought a Nexus One, my first Android device, and also own an
iPod Touch with iPeng, so I was pleased to come across this. Great that
there's an application which allows SC control on my phone, rather than
having to sit with two near-identical devices within reach!

Christian, I'm happy to help with any N1 testing - have sent you an
email.

The one biggest thing I notice having come from iPeng isn't necessarily
missing functionality (ability to download from within the player is v
cool for instance) so much as look and feel. Lists especially are big
and chunky. Squeeze Control for instance looks better to my eye, and
iPeng's new drag & drop for syncronizing players looks nicer and is more
intuitive than the old way.

For all that, definitely the leading Android product at present and I
was happy to shell out a few euros for it.

--
hunta
hunta's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=333
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
hunta
2010-01-28 11:23:31 UTC
Oh, and I'm surprised this thread has got this far without anyone
mentioning SqueezeCommander as a player :-)

flattermann
2010-01-28 12:27:53 UTC
hunta;511192 Wrote:
> Christian, I'm happy to help with any N1 testing - have sent you an
> email.

You've got mail. :)

bobkoure
2010-01-28 13:11:42 UTC
I wonder how this'll work on the N800 I've got gathering dust(?)
Yes, I realize I'd have to run Android (not a big deal as you really
have to setup an alternate boot to get Maemo to be useful anyway).
Anyone here doing this? Did it work? Just looking to -not- spend all my
free hours this weekend getting this setup to discover that there's a
major "gotcha".
Thanks!

--
bobkoure
bobkoure's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=14646
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
hunta
2010-01-28 13:37:07 UTC
bobkoure;511217 Wrote:
> Just looking to -not- spend all my free hours this weekend getting this
> setup

Isn't that what tinkering's all about? :-)

bobkoure
2010-01-29 03:15:14 UTC
hunta;511222 Wrote:
> Isn't that what tinkering's all about? :-)Well, yes. One of the things you do when tinkering is -learn- - and one
of the things I've learned from tinkering in the past is to -ask first-
and see what other folks know about whatever I'm trying to do.

flattermann
2010-01-28 13:42:14 UTC
bobkoure;511217 Wrote:
> I wonder how this'll work on the N800 I've got gathering dust(?)
> Yes, I realize I'd have to run Android (not a big deal as you really
> have to setup an alternate boot to get Maemo to be useful anyway).
> Anyone here doing this? Did it work? Just looking to -not- spend all my
> free hours this weekend getting this setup to discover that there's a
> major "gotcha".
> Thanks!

Well, if you get Android (1.5+) running on the N800, SqueezeCommander
should work without problems.

BTW: Until after your message, I didn't even know that the N800 can run
Android. :)

morsejeff
2010-01-28 14:56:21 UTC
Flattermann,

Overall I really like the SqueezeCommander app. It has allowed me to
either retire or sell my iPod Touch and just use my HTC Eris phone.

One thing I would like to see though is "Random Mix." I know that I
can add Random Mix to my Favorites and use it that way, but it would be
nice to have the same options as I do with the SB controller.

Thanks for all of your hard work!

--
morsejeff
morsejeff's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=18805
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
mrMuppet
2010-01-28 18:37:36 UTC
Thanks for this nice App! But please help me: i can't find the download
function. It's not there where you tell in the manual that it is.
I'm using SSOTS 4.4 on a Qnap TS 219 with 7.5.029920 ... but even the
older 7.4 version didn't give me this function.

--
mrMuppet
mrMuppet's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=34722
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-01-28 20:50:49 UTC
mrMuppet;511305 Wrote:
> Thanks for this nice App! But please help me: i can't find the download
> function. It's not there where you tell in the manual that it is.
> I'm using SSOTS 4.4 on a Qnap TS 219 with 7.5.029920 ... but even the
> older 7.4 version didn't give me this function.

How did you try it?

What happens if you long-click on an album or a track?

That should open a context menu with play/add/download.

mrMuppet
2010-01-29 18:35:51 UTC
flattermann;511336 Wrote:
> How did you try it?
>
> What happens if you long-click on an album or a track?
>
> That should open a context menu with play/add/download.

I get only "play, add, delete, rename" No download! On a G1 with
Cyanogen 4.2.13

flattermann
2010-01-29 18:51:47 UTC
mrMuppet;511624 Wrote:
> I get only "play, add, delete, rename" No download! On a G1 with
> Cyanogen 4.2.13

Ok, now I understand! :-)

You tried the long click on a favorite.

Please try it on the album/artist/track browse.
I.e. open the main menu, select e.g. "albums" and try the long click
there (on an album or a track)...

mrMuppet
2010-01-29 19:09:21 UTC
flattermann;511627 Wrote:
> Ok, now I understand! :-)
>
> You tried the long click on a favorite.
>
> Please try it on the album/artist/track browse.
> I.e. open the main menu, select e.g. "albums" and try the long click
> there (on an album or a track)...

Ok... thanks... this works.... i just tried it with songs in the active
playlist or in the favorites. Thought it would be handled the same way.
When i choose to download a song in the album browser e.g. it works!

flattermann
2010-01-30 00:08:59 UTC
mrMuppet;511637 Wrote:
> Ok... thanks... this works.... i just tried it with songs in the active
> playlist or in the favorites. Thought it would be handled the same way.
> When i choose to download a song in the album browser e.g. it works!

It's not possible in the favorites, because the servers does not give
us the necessary infos. :-(

But I've just implemented the download feature for the current
playlist. With the next version, 0.9.3.4, you will have an additional
context menu entry ("download") for the songs in the current
playlist... :-)

mrMuppet
2010-01-30 09:56:10 UTC
flattermann;511736 Wrote:
> It's not possible in the favorites, because the servers does not give us
> the necessary infos. :-(
>
> But I've just implemented the download feature for the current
> playlist. With the next version, 0.9.3.4, you will have an additional
> context menu entry ("download") for the songs in the current
> playlist... :-)

Thats nice! Thank you!

flattermann
2010-01-30 13:02:46 UTC
FYI: I've just uploaded SqueezeCommander 0.9.3.4 to the Android Market &
to slideme.org.

Downloading items from the current playlist should work now. :)

socistep
2010-02-06 21:35:42 UTC
Hi There

I'm looking at the google nexus one as my next phone, just waiting for
it to become available in the uk.

I currently have an iphone which is great but I'm sick of having to use
iTunes to transfer music to the phone, I'm a linux user and have to keep
a dual boot of Windows running for that purpose only.

So I did a search on the forums and was pleased to see this app, I'm a
big fan of iPeng on the iPhone so good to see there is an app available
on android

ian

--
socistep
socistep's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=18860
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
BlueScreenJunky
2010-02-07 11:52:58 UTC
+1
I might switch to android in a few weeks/months when the nexus one is
released here in France, and if I do that will probably be one of the
first apps I'll buy (actually the ability to control my SBs is even one
of the reasons I'm considering buying an android device)

I have a few questions though :
-Could someone please make a video of this app, to see how responsive
it is ?
-How does it affect battery life ? does it need to have a wifi
connection enabled at all times or does it go to "sleep mode" when
you're not using it ?

--
BlueScreenJunky
BlueScreenJunky's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22725
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
jay_cee_in_da_house
2010-02-07 23:54:35 UTC
Its perfectly usable on my "ancient" G1, so I wouldn't worry about
responsiveness on the NexusOne.

--
jay_cee_in_da_house
jay_cee_in_da_house's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1830
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-02-09 11:48:29 UTC
BlueScreenJunky;514829 Wrote:
> +1
> I might switch to android in a few weeks/months when the nexus one is
> released here in France, and if I do that will probably be one of the
> first apps I'll buy (actually the ability to control my SBs is even one
> of the reasons I'm considering buying an android device)
>
> I have a few questions though :
> -Could someone please make a video of this app, to see how responsive
> it is ?
> -How does it affect battery life ? does it need to have a wifi
> connection enabled at all times or does it go to "sleep mode" when
> you're not using it ?

For now, SqueezeCommander uses caching for images only. The browse
lists (artist/album/... browse) are not cached on startup, yet.
I've planning to implement this feature, though:

http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/ticket/49

Nevertheless, browsing your library in SqueezeCommander is pretty fast,
because it uses an incremental data transfer. So only the needed parts
are fetched from the server.

BTW: A video is a good idea. I'll try to create one after the next
release (because the next release will include an improved GUI with
better list layout).

By default, SqueezeCommander does not interfere with the sleep mode of
your Android device. I.e. your devices falls asleep after 30 seconds or
so and the screen is switched off. In this case, SqueezeCommander does
not query your server anymore, until you reactivate your device and it
should not affect battery life.

SqueezeCommander has an option to keep your screen on. If you activate
this feature, and SqueezeCommander is the foreground app, the screen is
only dimmed but not switched off. In this case, SqueezeCommander will
also keep polling the server for status updates. This will significantly
reduce the battery life, but some users (like me :) ) find it more
convenient.

In any case, if SqueezeCommander is not the foreground app (e.g. if you
press the home button), it will stop all network activity.
(Ok, the only exception are downloads: If you start a download from the
server to your phone, this will continue to run in background, even if
SqueezeCommander itself is not active anymore)

--
flattermann

Home of 'SqueezeCommander' (http://www.squeezecommander.com) - The
flattermann
2010-03-07 21:25:24 UTC
SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.4 RELEASED

I've just released SqueezeCommander 0.9.4.

It includes many bug fixed and several improvements like Landscape
mode, MusicServices for SBS 7.3, "Insert as next song" function...

Major changes:

* #5 Finally, the nasty OutOfMemory bug that caused most crashes is
fixed
* #27 A new overlay is implemented
* #70 Landscape mode is now supported
* #75 Improved BrowseLists (smaller icons and font size)
* #84 MusicServices for SBS 7.3 are now supported
* #36 Added "Insert as next song" function

Most changes can be found here:

http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=0.9.4

Have a lot of fun!

flattermann
2010-03-18 13:57:48 UTC
FOR YOUR INFORMATION:

SqueezeCommander 0.9.4.1 is now available on Android Market and on
SlideME.

This release only contains some minor bug fixes, e.g. some problems
with the cover art of some apps (Pandora, Slacker...) on the NowPlaying
screen have been fixed.

Kvaks
2010-03-24 19:19:13 UTC
Will it work on the new HTC Desire, which has the HTC Sense GUI and a
480x800 screen resolution? I'm thinking about buying one, but only if I
can use it to control my squeezeboxes.

--
Kvaks
Kvaks's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=21610
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-02-09 11:33:24 UTC
socistep;514666 Wrote:
> Hi There
>
> I'm looking at the google nexus one as my next phone, just waiting for
> it to become available in the uk.
>
> [...]
>
> So I did a search on the forums and was pleased to see this app, I'm a
> big fan of iPeng on the iPhone so good to see there is an app available
> on android

FYI: The next version will include better support for high resolution
screens (like Nexus One, Motorola Milestone/Droid...). The browse lists
will look more sleek and less chunky. This also makes it possible to
show more information (=more list entries) on the screen.

See also:
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/ticket/75

flattermann
2010-06-17 10:16:04 UTC
testmatch;485451 Wrote:

> One thing that I'd like to see implemented is the option to have an
> icon in the notification area to quickly return to the application when
> it's running in the background.

For your information:
This is now implemented in the newest Beta version and will be included
in 0.9.4.3.

See also:
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/ticket/133

--
flattermann

Christian

Mark Miksis
2010-06-22 04:56:05 UTC
Hi flatterman,

Please take a quick look at Ticket #109. I filed it a few months ago,
but I suspect you're not seeing it because I filed it with an empty
target. Thanks.

--
Mark Miksis
Mark Miksis's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=529
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-06-22 06:51:37 UTC
Mark Miksis;556919 Wrote:
> Hi flatterman,
>
> Please take a quick look at Ticket #109. I filed it a few months ago,
> but I suspect you're not seeing it because I filed it with an empty
> target. Thanks.

Empty target milestones are fine (and recommended!).

There just were other tickets with a higher priority for me.
But as it should be relatively easy to implement, I'll take a look now.

--
flattermann

Christian

SoulSurvivor
2010-06-27 15:47:08 UTC
Would the SqueezeCommander run on this widescreen Android? If so, mind
boggles....

http://www.expansys.com/a.aspx?i=199911

--
SoulSurvivor
SoulSurvivor's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22099
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-06-27 16:49:42 UTC
SoulSurvivor;558278 Wrote:
> Would the SqueezeCommander run on this widescreen Android? If so, mind
> boggles....
>
> http://www.expansys.com/a.aspx?i=199911

Android 2.1, WVGA 800x480, 7" display...
Yes, SqueezeCommander should run on this device!

Hopefully it's better than the Archos 7", because I had some beta
testers with an Archos 7" and they gave up on this device, because the
device itself was very unstable. :-(
(Lags, Forced Close, Loss of Wifi...)

--
flattermann

Christian

tank121
2010-07-02 06:53:37 UTC
Is it possible to remove multiple tracks in one action from the current
playlist like in Ipeng ?

Thanks

--
tank121
tank121's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=17169
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-07-02 13:58:40 UTC
tank121;559192 Wrote:
> Is it possible to remove multiple tracks in one action from the current
> playlist like in Ipeng ?

This is a planned feature (together with Drag-And-Drop support), but
it's not yet implemented.

--
flattermann

Christian

Howard Passman
2010-07-02 18:11:24 UTC
SoulSurvivor;558278 Wrote:
> Would the SqueezeCommander run on this widescreen Android? If so, mind
> boggles....
>
> http://www.expansys.com/a.aspx?i=199911

Let me know how that works for you. I might be up for that..

Howard

--
Howard Passman

Can I go home now?
Howard Passman's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=16674
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
KMorgan
2010-07-05 19:29:40 UTC
Christian

Thanks for SqueezeCommander. I have it installed on my T-Mobile Pulse
with Android 1.5. I notice that all the context menus appear blank.
It actually seems to be that there is black text against a black
background. When a field is highlighted (pink in the case of T-Mobile)
then the text is visible. Just me?

Keith

--
KMorgan

Sorry, can't spare enough hours today for that 5 min job on the
computer.
KMorgan's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22838
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-07-05 22:45:55 UTC
KMorgan;559804 Wrote:
> I have it installed on my T-Mobile Pulse with Android 1.5. I notice
> that all the context menus appear blank. It actually seems to be that
> there is black text against a black background. When a field is
> highlighted (pink in the case of T-Mobile) then the text is visible.
> Just me?
>
> edit: I see that on all your screenshots the context menu background is
> white. On the T-Mobile Pulse they are all black, hence the problem.

Keith,

well, that's really strange.

Is the default background color of context menus *(in all Apps)*
black?

If yes, that's probably the problem...

Please contact me through email and I'll try to fix the problem (i.e.
either make the context menu background white or make the text color
white):

android (ATT) flattermann (DOTT) net

--
flattermann

Christian

KMorgan

apn
2010-07-09 18:58:24 UTC
Just wanted to post a big thanks to flattermann for creating this
beast.

I got a Nexus One last weekend, upgraded to Android2.2/FroYo and
installed Squeeze Commander 0.9.4.2 (iirc) yesterday, and loving the
additional control over my 4 Duet/Boom players.

Thanks for a great app!

--
apn

1x Duet
3x BOOM
SBS on WHS w/ 8TB storage
apn's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35030
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-07-10 14:48:27 UTC
I'VE JUST RELEASED SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.5 ON ANDROID MARKET AND SLIDEME!

This release includes many new, cool features and several bugfixes.

NEW KEY FEATURES ARE:
* Support Love/Ban/Thumbs for LastFM/Pandora/Slacker
* Support Alarms
* Support Sleep Timers
* Support TrackStat Rating
* Support Digital Inputs for SB Transporter
* Downloaded Music now includes Cover Art
* It finally includes a ChangeLog (MENU / ChangeLog) :-)

I think this is a pretty nice release and I hope that you'll have fun
with it! :-)

You can find the full ChangeLog here:
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/query?status=closed&group=resolution&milestone=0.9.5

As always, please report any problems in the Tracker:
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/

Have a great day!

Christian

--
flattermann

Christian

alphagamma
2010-07-12 18:31:04 UTC
Did something change in the album art reading?
I have lots of album art not displaying now in the now plaing view.
They still show up correctly in the album list view.

--
alphagamma
alphagamma's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=19210
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-07-12 21:29:02 UTC
alphagamma;561349 Wrote:
> Did something change in the album art reading?
> I have lots of album art not displaying now in the now plaing view.
> They still show up correctly in the album list view.

Well, there were some changes (mostly fixes) but I'm not aware of
Cover-Art problems in the Now Playing View.

Do you see cover art in the background of the browse lists (e.g. in the
album browse)?

Please also check the Cover Art settings (MENU / Settings / Cover Art
Settings).
(There's a new option to disable the Cover Art)

And please try to clear the artwork cache (MENU / Settings / Clear
Cache).

If all of this does not help, please send me a Log file
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/wiki/Logfile

Roomraider
2010-07-14 16:40:27 UTC
Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!!!!!
Just installed your latest build on a new HTC EVO 4G & everything works
fine. I was praying that an app like this would exist. "GREAT WORK"

--
Roomraider
Roomraider's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=31573
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
Terje
2010-07-14 19:06:57 UTC
I'll just add in to say thank you very much. After getting the Samsung
Galaxy S I wanted something like iPeng, and your App seems to fill the
void perfectly. Thank you for also pushing it through SlideME as we
here in Norway don't really get paid Apps through Market :S

--
Terje

//Terje.tel
Terje's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=6773
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
lrossouw
2010-07-15 09:46:01 UTC
Thanks for adding trackstat ratings!

How do I use it? Specifically how do I rate a song?

Thanks

--
lrossouw

Louis
'Last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/lrossouw)
lrossouw's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=3416
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-07-15 10:01:20 UTC
lrossouw;561853 Wrote:
> Thanks for adding trackstat ratings!
>
> How do I use it? Specifically how do I rate a song?

Tap on the song name and the overlay with the rating bar should
appear:

[image:
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/attachment/ticket/163/trackstat.png]

There's a small issue in 0.9.5 that will be fixed in 0.9.5.1:
When you power off a player and power it on again, the trackstat rating
bar MAY be missing [b]for the first song[b]. It will appear as soon as
the next song starts.

--
flattermann

Christian

flattermann
2010-03-24 21:29:03 UTC
> Will it work on the new HTC Desire, which has the HTC Sense GUI and a
> 480x800 screen resolution? I'm thinking about buying one, but only if I
> can use it to control my squeezeboxes.
Yes, SqueezeCommander will work with the HTC Desire. It's tested with
800x480 resolution and even with the upcoming Android version
("Froyo").

Christian

TurnipMan
2010-03-28 13:17:50 UTC
Hi,
I have an HTC Desire on the way and will get Squeeze Commander as soon
as I can.
Question: My music library is mostly in FLAC, does the file get
transcoded to mp3 on the way or as I'm expecting you just get it as
is?

Is there a plug-in anywhere for SqueezeBox Server that does the
transcoding for one? It would be really useful.
Tom

--
TurnipMan
TurnipMan's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=9739
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-03-28 18:53:36 UTC
TurnipMan;528547 Wrote:
> I have an HTC Desire on the way and will get Squeeze Commander as soon
> as I can.
> Question: My music library is mostly in FLAC, does the file get
> transcoded to mp3 on the way or as I'm expecting you just get it as is?

SqueezeCommander downloads the music file in the same format as on the
SBS.

I would really like to implement an on-the-fly-transcoding, but that
needs a processing on the SBS. There's already an open ticket for that
issue, but unfortunately, nobody found the time to implement it yet:
:-(

http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=8808

If you have the necessary Perl skills, you would make many people very
happy by helping the Slimdevices team to implement the feature. :-)

TurnipMan
2010-03-28 19:20:47 UTC
I do have a programming background but Pearl looks pretty much write
only to me at present.
I would expect that a variant of the Flac2Mp3 pearl script with all the
correct wrappings would do it. Beyond me at present.

Tom

rkotemp
2010-04-01 19:36:22 UTC
Just installed SqueezeCommander v0.9.4.1 on a HTC Legend (android 2.1)
using the android market.
Looks like all is working as it should.

But for me there is one thing not working, volume control.
I’m using the IR-Blaster plugin for Squeezebox server.
My Squeexebox classic is controlling the volume of my Amp using
Infra-red with this plugin.
The plugin will keep the volume of the squeezebox at 100 (0db).
This is a setting in the plugin but needed for playing files with DTS
or AC3 data. Other levels will change the data and then the DTS/AC3
decoder in my Amp will not recognize it.
Controlling the volume with the IR remote from de squeezebox, using the
squeezebox controller or using the webinterface from squeezebox server
work all fine. They all have – and + buttons and will even sent a
volume up command while the volume is already on 100.
Is it possible to add those buttons (or option to switch to buttons).

What I also would like is an option to turn the background album art
off. Just a black background behind al the menu’s. Maybe it looks good
on some devices but on this AMOLED display is prefer black (personal
taste).

Rob

--
rkotemp
rkotemp's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=22581
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-04-01 19:46:22 UTC
Rob,

Right now, SqueezeCommander does not recognize fixed volume players,
i.e. it always shows the volume slider. I've already planned to change
the slider to +/- buttons in this case, but it's not implemented yet.

But you can already use the hardware volume keys on your phone to
increase/decrease the volume of the current player. That will also work
with fixed volume players.

About the optinal background image:

Could you please file a ticket about that in the tracker, so I cannot
forget it?
http://www.squeezecommander.com/trac/

Thanks a lot!

--
flattermann

Christian

rkotemp
2010-04-01 20:16:48 UTC
Thanks for the quick replay.
Did not try the hardware buttons. Why not! Maybe because i’m left
handed and already did see the slider on the screen. The hardware
buttons are always on the wrong side for me. But yes, they work fine.

For the background item, ticket is added.

Thanks for the nice application.

Rob

ob_kook
2010-04-03 17:36:30 UTC
I tried several of the free apps for my SqueezeCenter, and many were
pretty good, but this one is by far the best. (On Android anyway -
never tried iPenq).

I had some issues that Christian was really fast in helping me out to
solve, and I'm really happy with the app. Definitely a strong
recommendation for anyone out there with an Android phone. (I'm running
it on the Motorola Backflip).

I would like to see a little better integration with Pandora that would
allow the thumbs up and thumbs down rating. I've not been able to find a
way to do that yet. (opened a ticket on the SqueezeCommander bug
tracker).

Anyway, I just wanted to provide some feedback on this app.

--
ob_kook

SB2 --> Axiom passive pre --> Portal Paladin monoblocks --> Dynaudio
Contour 1.3 MKII
ob_kook's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=1383
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-04-07 09:37:46 UTC
I'VE JUST RELEASED SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.4.2 ON ANDROID MARKET AND ON
SLIDEME!

The new version contains mostly bugfixes (e.g. an improved
compatibility with the SB Touch).

Furthermore, I've added an (experimental) Wake-On-Lan (WOL) support.

--
flattermann

Christian

pookguy88
2010-04-07 15:10:53 UTC
flattermann;531050 Wrote:
> I'VE JUST RELEASED SQUEEZECOMMANDER 0.9.4.2 ON ANDROID MARKET AND ON
> SLIDEME!
>
> The new version contains mostly bugfixes (e.g. an improved
> compatibility with the SB Touch).
>
> Furthermore, I've added an (experimental) Wake-On-Lan (WOL) support.

Will Android Market see the new version and automatically update?

PS, just bought your app last night and played around with it, it is
awesome, good work dude

--
pookguy88
pookguy88's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=36350
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-04-07 15:23:23 UTC
pookguy88;531166 Wrote:
> Will Android Market see the new version and automatically update?
>
> PS, just bought your app last night and played around with it, it is
> awesome, good work dude

Thanks!

If you select "My Downloads" in the Android Market App, it should offer
you the update.
Well, it may take some hours until the new version appears there
because of the caching of the Market App...

--
flattermann

Christian

RadioClash
2010-04-09 13:27:06 UTC
Thanks for the continued updates. Love the app.

--
RadioClash
RadioClash's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=2839
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
RadioClash

Mark Miksis
2010-04-10 02:43:30 UTC
Hi flattermann,

I finally got around to buying this and I just wanted to say "great
job". Very slick and feature complete. Well done.

Mark Miksis
2010-04-10 14:39:48 UTC
Is there a way to change the sort order of players? It seems to be
random with no way to change it. I'd be happy with alphabetical only,
which would match what SbS does.

k3v
2010-04-12 12:01:02 UTC
Ive just downloaded this to use on my new HTC desire, ill be playing
with this when i get home from work tonight.

--
k3v
k3v's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=36542
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-04-12 20:57:47 UTC
Mark Miksis;532848 Wrote:
> Is there a way to change the sort order of players? It seems to be
> random with no way to change it. I'd be happy with alphabetical only,
> which would match what SbS does.

Right now, the SyncMasters (i.e. master players in a sync group) come
first, each followed by the SyncSlaves of his group.

I think the order of the SyncMasters is pretty random, AFAIK I've kept
the order from the server answer.

But you are right, it may be a good thing to add some sort of sorting,
e.g. alphabetical.

Could you please file a ticket about that, so I cannot forget it
anymore?

Mark Miksis
2010-04-12 21:15:24 UTC

Done. http://sqcmdr.no-ip.org:9999/ticket/109

Kvaks
2010-04-16 10:11:49 UTC
I bought this last night for my new HTC Desire. Looks and works great,
except for one fault: It does not seem to recognize Erland's various
browse plugins, Custom Browse, Dynamic Playlists and so on. I have
installed a few of those in my "My Music" menu, for quick access to its
great features. SqueezeCommander only shows the default menu items
(browse by Artist, Album, etc..). In fact, I cannot find the Custom
Browse items at all. I'm not sure I can manage without them... Any
chance you can get SqueezeCommander to work with those plugins?

pippin
2010-04-16 15:29:28 UTC
flattermann is working on it, I'm sure :)

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote, at penguinlovesmusic.com
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-04-18 16:15:58 UTC
Kvaks;536006 Wrote:
> I bought this last night for my new HTC Desire. Looks and works great,
> except for one fault: It does not seem to recognize Erland's various
> browse plugins, Custom Browse, Dynamic Playlists and so on. I have
> installed a few of those in my "My Music" menu, for quick access to its
> great features. SqueezeCommander only shows the default menu items
> (browse by Artist, Album, etc..). In fact, I cannot find the Custom
> Browse items at all. I'm not sure I can manage without them... Any
> chance you can get SqueezeCommander to work with those plugins?

You are right, plugins do not work yet. :-/

But as pippin said, I'm working on the SqueezePlay/Jive stuff. :-)

It will *definitely* be included in a future version.

--
flattermann

Christian

emalvick
2010-04-23 14:49:46 UTC
Purchased the app last night and tried to utilize it. Control of my
Duet was OK, but I see no album art with the app in browsing or
now-playing. The duet remote shows the art on its now playing screen
but Squeeze Commander doesn't when sitting side by side with the
remote. Not sure if I am missing something or not.

I have the settings to use both cache options (RAM and SD card). I've
tried toggling the Crop or Not with the art, but that doesn't seem to
do anything.

Otherwise, I do like the app, and I love that I can access my favorites
and the search features make my need for the custom browse menus a low
priority.

--
emalvick
emalvick's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35382
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-04-23 20:55:31 UTC
emalvick;539370 Wrote:
> Purchased the app last night and tried to utilize it. Control of my
> Duet was OK, but I see no album art with the app in browsing or
> now-playing. The duet remote shows the art on its now playing screen
> but Squeeze Commander doesn't when sitting side by side with the
> remote. Not sure if I am missing something or not.
>
> I have the settings to use both cache options (RAM and SD card). I've
> tried toggling the Crop or Not with the art, but that doesn't seem to
> do anything.
>
> Otherwise, I do like the app, and I love that I can access my favorites
> and the search features make my need for the custom browse menus a low
> priority.

Does this happen with a local SqueezeBox Server or MySqueezeBox.com?

If possible, please send me a log file:

hardhead
2010-05-01 06:47:36 UTC
Just purchased SqueezeCommander in day 2 of having an Android device
(the HTC Incredible). It's really a beautiful controller, well done!
Works nice and quick with a large (20k+ songs) library and my
Squeezeboxes. With SqueezeCommander and iPeng, it's really beyond me
why anyone would buy a Squeezebox Controller...

--
hardhead
hardhead's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=376
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
kc5f
2010-05-11 18:55:52 UTC
Works beautifully on the Samsung Moment - it's the first app I always
show off on my new phone! It would be nice if it recognized players
that have lost MSB connection and show up as disconnected online to be
able to "wake them up again", like the Duet Controller does. But it's
great as it is, and I'm looking forward to whatever you add to it.
Thanks so much!

--
kc5f
kc5f's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=19652
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-05-13 10:40:54 UTC
kc5f;545991 Wrote:
> Works beautifully on the Samsung Moment - it's the first app I always
> show off on my new phone! It would be nice if it recognized players
> that have lost MSB connection and show up as disconnected online to be
> able to "wake them up again", like the Duet Controller does.

This feature is on my TODO list. :-)

I'm implementing it as Standalone App right now (SqueezeConfig). As
soon as it fully works, I'll add the functions to SqueezeCommander.

If you want to try SqueezeConfig, please drop me a line at

android AT flattermann DOT net

Here's the announcement for SqueezeConfig:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=76584

--
flattermann

Christian

Arjenth
2010-05-18 19:09:58 UTC
SqueezeCommander on my HTC Desire doesn't show artwork. Is that because
I don't have files with embedded artwork (but folder.jpg's in each
album folder), or should I be able to see cover art as well?

--
Arjenth
Arjenth's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=35204
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-05-18 20:58:26 UTC
Arjenth;548692 Wrote:
> SqueezeCommander on my HTC Desire doesn't show artwork. Is that because
> I don't have files with embedded artwork (but folder.jpg's in each
> album folder), or should I be able to see cover art as well?

I also use folder.jpg instead of embedded artwork, so that should
*normally* work without problems. :-)

Cover art should be shown in Album/Track/New Music... Browse and on the
NowPlaying screen.
It will *not* be shown in the Folder Browse List (the server does not
send the necessary info in Folder Browse).

Do you have the Cover art in the Web interface or is it missing there
as well?

--
flattermann

Christian

emalvick
2010-05-20 17:34:03 UTC
I want to mention that on my Motorola Backflip, I don't see cover art in
any view when playing or browsing my collection. I do see cover art
when streaming internet radio, and I see artwork without issue when I
am on the web interface on my computer or using the squeezebox remote.

My files tend to have embedded artwork (usually a jpg on the order of
300 x 300) as well as a folder.jpg file in their folder.

flattermann
2010-05-20 22:18:07 UTC
emalvick;549321 Wrote:
> I want to mention that on my Motorola Backflip, I don't see cover art in
> any view when playing or browsing my collection. I do see cover art
> when streaming internet radio, and I see artwork without issue when I
> am on the web interface on my computer or using the squeezebox remote.

Have you manually added your SBS to SqueezeCommander (in Additional
Servers) or used the auto discovery?

If you've added it manually: Have you added it by IP address or by
hostname?

--
flattermann

Christian

Arjenth
2010-05-31 20:47:34 UTC
flattermann;548743 Wrote:
> I also use folder.jpg instead of embedded artwork, so that should
> *normally* work without problems. :-)
>
> Cover art should be shown in Album/Track/New Music... Browse and on the
> NowPlaying screen.
> It will *not* be shown in the Folder Browse List (the server does not
> send the necessary info in Folder Browse).
>
> Do you have the Cover art in the Web interface or is it missing there
> as well?

SqueezeCommander shows the default 'arrow icon' at every place. But for
albums which don't have artwork, it shows the default 'disc icon' (like
in the web interface).

I have cover art in the web interface as well as in the desktop app
'moose' that I use. Besides the 'artwork' in the 'internet radio'
section is working properly.

flattermann
2010-05-31 20:56:00 UTC
Arjenth;551979 Wrote:
> SqueezeCommander shows the default 'arrow icon' at every place. But for
> albums which don't have artwork, it shows the default 'disc icon' (like
> in the web interface).
>
> I have cover art in the web interface as well as in the desktop app
> 'moose' that I use. Besides the 'artwork' in the 'internet radio'
> section is working properly.

The "arrow icon" means that SqueezeCommander tries to fetch the image
from the server.

Was the server auto-discovered or have you added it manually?

Which SBS version is it?

--
flattermann

Christian

Arjenth
2010-06-01 17:15:19 UTC
flattermann;551982 Wrote:

> Was the server auto-discovered or have you added it manually?
>
> Which SBS version is it?

I tried both 'auto discovery' and to add the server manually (by
hostname and ip address)

It's SBS 7.4.2

flattermann
2010-06-02 15:28:54 UTC
Arjenth;552151 Wrote:
> I tried both 'auto discovery' and to add the server manually (by
> hostname and ip address)
>
> It's SBS 7.4.2

Hmmm, I expected a problem when using the hostname, but it should
definitely work using the ip or the auto discovery.

Things to check:
- Is your SBS password protected?
- Does a "Clear & Rescan" of the SBS Library Database help?
- Does "Clear Cache" in SqueezeCommander settings help?

If it still does not work, please contact me by mail and I'll send you
a beta version with improved logging.

Thanks!

--
flattermann

Christian

Arjenth
2010-06-02 20:43:33 UTC
flattermann;552362 Wrote:
> Hmmm, I expected a problem when using the hostname, but it should
> definitely work using the ip or the auto discovery.
>
> Things to check:
> - Is your SBS password protected?
> - Does a "Clear & Rescan" of the SBS Library Database help?
> - Does "Clear Cache" in SqueezeCommander settings help?
>
> If it still does not work, please contact me by mail and I'll send you
> a beta version with improved logging.
>
> Thanks!

SBS is not password protected
I do an automatic clear & rescan every night. Does not help.
Clear Cache does not help either, unfortunately...

I will send you an e-mail.

flattermann
2010-06-06 20:39:20 UTC
Arjenth;552448 Wrote:
> SBS is not password protected
> I do an automatic clear & rescan every night. Does not help.
> Clear Cache does not help either, unfortunately...
>
> I will send you an e-mail.

Thanks!

Let's see if we find the problem... :-)

--
flattermann

Christian

FredFredrickson
2010-05-11 18:12:59 UTC
Hey- purchased recently for my Droid, very nice app, indeed.

Just thought I'd add my two cents:
Random Mix and MusicIP.

Two things I use the most. I rarely build my own playlists or listen to
an individual artist.

Just a thought.

Good app, though. Good job!

--
FredFredrickson

Get your news and stock updates right here: 'Squeezebox Updates'
(http://sb.cnhpa.com)!
notified when the battery's back in stock!
FredFredrickson's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=16584
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352
flattermann
2010-05-13 10:36:28 UTC
FredFredrickson;545499 Wrote:
> Hey- purchased recently for my Droid, very nice app, indeed.
>
> Just thought I'd add my two cents:
> Random Mix and MusicIP.
>
> Two things I use the most. I rarely build my own playlists or listen to
> an individual artist.
>
> Just a thought.
>
> Good app, though. Good job!

I'm currently working on SqueezePlay menu support. As soon as this is
implemented, plugins like RandomMix or MusicIP should work.

So, sooner or later it will be implemented. :-)

--
flattermann

Christian

dennis55
2010-05-09 15:16:29 UTC
Hi Christian,just purchased via Android Market your app for my Squeeze
units here.
the mobile is HTC Hero on Android 1.5 running Modaco 3.2.rom and it is
a very clever wee app............Duet Controller watch out!.

cheers

dennis

--
dennis55

Slim Devices/Logitech Transporter
Bonnec Audiosysteme Timpano
Linn Products Akurate C4200
Totem Acoustics Forest
SqueezeBox Radio
Duet Controller

Linn LP12/Cirkus/Ekos2/Dynavector DV17D2/Linn Linto/Linn Lingo1

http://www.last.fm
dennis55's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=8884
View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=69352